2013 Chevy Traverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all,

I just purchased a 2013 Chevy Traverse with 105,000 AWD 3.6 liter.. I havent looked at the background yet and I know the Traverse 100,000 service at the dealer runs about 600 bucks including a huge charge for spark plugs 300??? Can a outside repair shop do this right or is the dealer the best option? Lots of Horror stories on Tranny issues but mostly on 11 and 12 model years .

The plugs can be done by an independent shop. They are not that hard. To make it easier you take the intake off to get to the back three plugs.

As for transmission issues. We didn't have any on our 2011. I changed out the fluid at 10k miles to AMSOIL's ATL and then again at 15k miles and then again at 30k miles and one more time at 50k miles. We had 91k on it when we traded with no problems. Only thing we did replace on it was the battery. It still had the original brakes.

Changing out the tranny fluid is easy. There is a 10mm bolt on the bottom. Just pull it, let it all drain and then refill. Takes about 5qts. I would rock the car to get as much out as I could.

We didn't have AWD so can't help there but others on the Acadia forum said it was easy to change out the rear fluid and transfer case. They both take 75w-90 gear oil and the power steering takes dexron VI or AMSOIL's ATL.

Last edited:
Replacing the spark plugs is difficult if you have to remove the intake to get to the back row like most transverse V6's require. Therefore, use iridium spark plugs (which were probably OE), either AC Delco or NGK.

An outside shop can probably do it with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back