Help in the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I retired Jan 31st, So I guess my buddy Scout thinks I'm no longer competent to change the oil in my '66 without his supervision...
grin2.gif

5A8E303E-ADFA-4690-AD05-33C4E1E43C85_zpsyodhtp0k.jpg

I bet he could be trained to give you an instant fuel dilution %.

Originally Posted By: Danh
I bet he could be trained to give you an instant fuel dilution %.

I wouldn't even have to train him to dilute the oil himself... though not with fuel. :p

He's a good ol' fella (12+). Ever since he was a pup, he's had to be right underfoot whenever tools come out for some reason. Somewhere there's a picture my wife took of my legs and his nub of a tail poking out from under the sink when I was replacing a trap.

congrats on your retirement...what scout is wondering is why your changing the oil again. why in doggie miles he would be extending the oil a lot longer!
enjoy

Last edited:
The animal likes company. Refrain from flattering yourself, any company would do (Ha-Ha) and he is likely curious.

Both are signs of intelligence.

Enjoy your retirement. Kira

Glad for you in your retirement. I'm sure you worked a very long time to earn it.

I get to do the very same thing In April with a seven month old chocolate Labrador.

Enjoy it all.

Seems to have a whole bunch of cocker spaniel in it.

Things have aged in that garage. Chrome bumpers signal age - plus the metal ramps and Sears air compressor have been around a long time. Even Scout looks to be 7-10 years old.

Looks like all have aged very gracefully.

oops... just seen where you listed Scout at 12+ years old. Hope he stays with you healthy for a handful more.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Seems to have a whole bunch of cocker spaniel in it.

Things have aged in that garage. Chrome bumpers signal age - plus the metal ramps and Sears air compressor have been around a long time. Even Scout looks to be 7-10 years old.

Looks like all have aged very gracefully.

my ramps of that era are yellow.

Great picture. I hope to get a dog when I retire. It wouldn't be fair to the pooch with me working. I used to have a cat that would run out in front of the car as I drove in. He probably thought I was too stupid to find my way. I cried like a baby when I had to put him down. His successor was a 5 pound female, that was an Egyptian princess in a former life and she wondered what she had done to get such 2nd rate humans. Cleo would supervise my work and found it wanting. She lived to 21 and when her time came, she scratched the vet. She was so frail that she slept under my blankets for warmth the last year. . I cried. Dogs are the original party animals. I enjoy working in a house with a dog that I can pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back