JAPAN raids Mitsubishi over MPG claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where my local Mitsubishi dealer is.
27.gif

.. Didn't know they still sold them.

veryHeavy, why don't you post about GM paying millions in fines for making nearly half a million Cadillacs cheat on emissions?

My two get about 3 mpg more than the computer indicates which is well-known and exceed the EPA ratings in real world driving.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Mitsu is a BIG company, it amazes me how much "bad luck" they have with their cars.

They're actually a fairly small player. The Mitsubishi name is used by a lot of somewhat interrelated companies, but it's not really one big company.

Also, this is pretty old news.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
27.gif

LOL One opened in my home town about two years ago for some reason. Now we have two in the area, the other Mitsu dealer essentially shut down their showroom and all the sales people are across the lot in a Hyundai building and sell Hyundais while avoiding the Mitsu lot...

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Mitsu is a BIG company, it amazes me how much "bad luck" they have with their cars.

They're actually a fairly small player. The Mitsubishi name is used by a lot of somewhat interrelated companies, but it's not really one big company.

Also, this is pretty old news.

They have a commercial truck spinoff called Mitsubishi Fuso that makes junk cabover trucks fraught with electronics, transmission, and emissions issues and they have a class action lawsuit forming as well. But they are only minimally connected to the car company and are largely owned by Daimler...

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
27.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
veryHeavy, why don't you post about GM paying millions in fines for making nearly half a million Cadillacs cheat on emissions?

I don't have to..... you've already done it about 20 times across various threads. I think everyone is well-informed by now that GM sucks.

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Originally Posted By: skyactiv

I don't have to..... you've already done it about 20 times across various threads. I think everyone is well-informed by now that GM sucks.

Your lying bud.

I am not sure but there is a lot of truth to a) lying car companies and b) GM being frequently sub-par.

That the General had Pontiac, Saab, Oldsmobile and Hummer to slough off recently must underscore their stressing marketing over....quality perhaps?

Hey skyactiv: Why'd my sister but that Mazda3? Nobody wants to buy US made stuff more than my family.

My friend's S-10 was crumbling away from "cheap Chevy steel syndrome". He bought a Frontier.

I suppose I'm venting.

I was passed this evening by what I believe was a Lancer so I guess they do exist outside video games still.

Mitsu, cheating again, wish they would just go out of business, cars have historically been garbage!

Last Mitsu dealer in the area closed 5 yrs ago, no big loss!

Not surprisingly the stand alone Mitsubishi dealer closed up. They were nut to put all eggs in that basket besides used cars.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Don't they make that 4-door rally rice rocket?

The idiots quit that niche and they had some incredible performance small cars. They instead decided to build 3 cylinder loser mobiles at low price no one one wanted.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Don't they make that 4-door rally rice rocket?

The idiots quit that niche and they had some incredible performance small cars. They instead decided to build 3 cylinder loser mobiles at low price no one one wanted.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back