Does anyone here have a new Sienna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for the life of me can't figure out how to get my iphone to connect to the vehicle's HU using Bluetooth. My phone is in the list, but yet I can press "source" and select "Bluetooth" and it won't connect. I can eventually get it to connect by playing around with the order in which I select BT on the HU, and turning BT on and off and on with my phone, but there never seems to be any rhyme or reason to the sequence of events, and the owner's manual is no help...I've gone through that several times and all it does is confuse me...I'm thinking there's got to be some simple one step method of connecting once the phone is in the vehicle's HU list, but I'll be darned if I can figure what it is...

Dumb question: have you googled it?

If it's a real bear to do then I have to think someone somewhere has posted a youtube video on how to do it.

I have a new Rav4. I presume you have the Entune system.

Make sure it's chosen your phone. Our head unit has both my phone and oilBabe's phone. If we are both in the car, it will usually connect to her phone, as it was the last phone used.

Also, is your phone one supported by the HU? Not all Bluetooth capable phones are considered fully supported by Toyota.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I have a new Rav4. I presume you have the Entune system.

Make sure it's chosen your phone. Our head unit has both my phone and oilBabe's phone. If we are both in the car, it will usually connect to her phone, as it was the last phone used.

Also, is your phone one supported by the HU? Not all Bluetooth capable phones are considered fully supported by Toyota.

It is...like I said, I have had the phone connect, it's just like it seems like it takes way more playing around with either the HU, the phone, or both to get it to reconnect each time I get into the vehicle...seems like it should reconnect automatically each time I get in the vehicle, or it should be a matter of pressing one button to reconnect it...I shouldn't have to go through this massive ritual every time I get into the vehicle just to get my phone to connect to the BT....

And as I said, some phones are not fully supported.

I've read about iOS 8 phones having a hard time with Entune units. You don't say what phone you are using or if there are other phones paired, etc.

oilBabe has an iPhone 6plus (or whatever the large iPhone 6 was) and I have a Galaxy S5. I've installed the Entune app on my phone and it works well with the head unit.

But since I'm not the every day driver, I have to nudge it to use my phone if I get in the car after she's been driving it with her phone last using the unit.

If we are together, we will often split the head unit. I'll connect my phone for audio, and hers for phone. That way, I can listen to a podcast while I drive and she can take calls if her mom or one of the kids calls us.

I have a 2017 Camry. On mine, when the list pops up I touch the little phone icon that is shown for each phone listed. It connects right up with no issues.

Originally Posted By: 77GrandPrix
I have a 2017 Camry. On mine, when the list pops up I touch the little phone icon that is shown for each phone listed. It connects right up with no issues.

That's one thing I haven't tried, the phone button...I will try that next time I get in...

Originally Posted By: supton
Dumb question: have you googled it?

If it's a real bear to do then I have to think someone somewhere has posted a youtube video on how to do it.

There are you tube videos that show how to pair them, but they're all showing how to do it for the first time, not on a recurring basis...

I went out to my aunt's 2016 Avalon. Here's the directions I wrote down:

Go to: Settings, Phone, Connect Phone, Add, then go to Bluetooth Settings on your iPhone, select TOYOTA Sienna, then it'll say Bluetooth pairing successful.

Also, you need to download the "Scout GPS Link" app on your phone to use the navigation.

How do you like your Sienna? We're thinking of trading out Santa Fe for a Sienna or an Odyssey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back