Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hooked on these for a few months and they don't get old. Quick and convenient to grab one or two of these in the morning. My favorite ones are with a half cup of mini chocolate chips. Since this gives them extra sugar I only add a tablespoon of honey. I put a little vegetable oil on the spoon so the honey doesn't stick.

Please note, no added sugar, oil or flour in this recipe. Since I don't have an uber strong blender like a Vitamix I blend all the dry ingredients first and put those in a bowl. Then blend the wet ingredients next. Pam spray in the muffin tin works great. I do put about a third of a cup of walnuts in the blender as well and a scoop of vanilla protein powder that is different from the recipe.

Anyways, healthy and delicious imo.

Recipe

How to Store Muffins

Yes, because one time I saw some mold on one after 5 days or so. So no breakfast for me that day. For yogurt I use Dannon Triple Zero Vanilla or Aldi Greek yogurt which is a few bucks cheaper.

My wife makes(for me) a muffin very similar to yours. I believe without the egg & salt. They can be a bit rubbery however, I am on a low cholesterol, low sodium diet.
I like'em!

The texture is a bit different than the traditional muffin, more chewy. But about 120 calories versus 400 or so. My cousin put some peanut butter on one, and no cholesterol in peanuts. She's a dietician and really liked them.

i myself will try recipe as is first,

then go no salt, no sugar, and egg white only and see if i can have this way too. (will try to find low sugar yogurt)

i know it changes the recipe, but if it works for me I gotta do it to eat healthy.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The texture is a bit different than the traditional muffin, more chewy. But about 120 calories versus 400 or so. My cousin put some peanut butter on one, and no cholesterol in peanuts. She's a dietician and really liked them.

i like that idea.

and on edit: or almond butter.

Last edited:
I personally enjoy the flavor of grain/oats/ wheat etc. w/o any sweeteners so I can typically eat things that most people would not enjoy and find too bland for their own liking.

having had a long week last week and working many chores at home this saturday while suffering through a nasty cold, i pretty much laid around on sunday, and during an afternoon nap, i awoke to the smell of something baking in the oven. my dear wife had put together this recipe for me!

i really enjoyed these healthy treats and will make these again as often as I can or until i burn out on them! LOL

as char baby mentioned this is likely not for everyone, especially if you used to super sweet cup cakes, but for me they are spot on for healthy food.

thanks again for the recipe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back