Adding automatic transmission oil to fuel tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to give your crankcase an enema, looks like substituting a quart of kerosene would do the job! Actually an old lawnmower repair manual I have says in temperatures below freezing to substitute so much kerosene in place of the oil. But I think this book may have been written before multi-weight oils. Maybe when SAE-30 was only available.

As far as adding stuff to the fuel tank.

I tried adding Seafoam to my Trabant's fuel tank. It being a 2 stroker, last time I peeped through the spark plug holes, there was allot of carbon buildup on the piston crowns. So before I pulled the heads and jugs off I thought I'd try it since everyone says it works so well. Following the directions on the bottle.

Well after several tanks, I pulled one of the plugs and took a look. I couldn't tell any difference. Carbon deposits are still there!

PEA is poly-ether-amine, like diethylene triamine or triethylene tetramine. If you can't find an add FYI is the same ingredient you find in some epoxy curing agents, like araldite professional and others. It is the hardener catalist, not the resin.

Now you know what is PEA.

TCW3 is a 2 stroke engine lube made for water cooled 2 stroke boats, like outboard engines, jetski, etc... Some dirt bikers use TCW3 too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Omar_Eltahan
Thank you all, you've added a lot to my knowledge.

But actually i don't know what are toluene, Xylol & Techron and what's their job !

I mentioned those, as i don't know what is available in egypt. techron is a chevron brand of fuel injector cleaner. It has PEA as a detergent.

Xylene and toluene are solvents , Xylene will raise octane. I mentioned them as you might be able to find them at a paint store. A gallon will give you several 32 oz doses.

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
PEA is poly-ether-amine, like diethylene triamine or triethylene tetramine. If you can't find an add FYI is the same ingredient you find in some epoxy curing agents, like araldite professional and others. It is the hardener catalist, not the resin.

TCW3 is a 2 stroke engine lube made for water cooled 2 stroke boats, like outboard engines, jetski, etc... Some dirt bikers use TCW3 too.

Originally Posted By: Rosetta,#3436819 - 07/26/14 10:13 PM
No, just look for most epoxy (like Araldite) glue, the hardener part is mostly PEA. Jeffamine D400 (Huntsman) or Baxxodur EC302 (BASF), they're pure PEA.

Rosetta, Pontual, Ohle; what is your next name going to be?
grin2.gif

when i need to clean injectors in a gas motor, i use 2 oz of tcw3 to 5 gallons of fuel. ( ive never owned a diesel )

when my buddy services all of the city diesel work-trucks he adds 2 oz PER gallon of diesel.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Originally Posted By: Rosetta,#3436819 - 07/26/14 10:13 PM
No, just look for most epoxy (like Araldite) glue, the hardener part is mostly PEA. Jeffamine D400 (Huntsman) or Baxxodur EC302 (BASF), they're pure PEA.

Rosetta, Pontual, Ohle; what is your next name going to be?
grin2.gif

Well, it will depend on the next ban
grin2.gif

As of now ?
27.gif

I'm a targeted individual in real life myself ;p

Last edited:

TCW3 is for air cooled two strokes. The other type is for water cooled engines. I don't know what the difference is. Someone told me air cooled engines run hotter and if you use the oil for water cooled engines it builds up carbon deposits worse.

and i would not add transmission fluid to gasoline engine to clean, today's transmission fluid is not the same as the transmission fluid of yester-year that contained more solvents necessary to get the viscosity correct because of the use of thick oils (possibly whale oil) back then.

so while use of transmission fluid in the old days was not a wives tale as it used to contain solvents that helped clean, today it is because of the change in formulation.

Originally Posted By: TurboFiat124

TCW3 is for air cooled two strokes. The other type is for water cooled engines. I don't know what the difference is. Someone told me air cooled engines run hotter and if you use the oil for water cooled engines it builds up carbon deposits worse.

Do you know what TCW3 mean?

T stand for TWO
C is for Cycle
W is for Water cooled
3 is the state of the reg, like version 3 reqs.

TWO CYCLE WATER COOLED lube, fyi. Water cooled engines work with lower temperature peaks, so it can and should run a less deposit prone lube. Aircooled engines need heavy stuff, that make more deposits in TCW engines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ether
I wasn't aware that TCW-3 had any cleaning ability,does it?

No, it doesn't. It just make less deposits, than, for example, a Castrol M50 (great lubricity and capable of mixing even with alcohol fuel.

Oil won't clean anything. If you want cleaning, put a gallon or two of E85 in your next fill-up. If you think you need lubricity, maybe some 30ND.

It's a waste of ATF and a guaranteed way to foul your spark plugs.

Redline SI1 has a very powerful detergent and an upper cylinder lubricant, as well as an octane booster. It does everything you want in one bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back