2010 G37xS Mobil 1 0W-40 7,000 miles, 114K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hairline crack in water pump housing causing coolant to leak so the valve covers and timing cover had to be removed and special sealer was used to stop the leak. No more leaks and beats the new block. It was a factory defect. Other than that car's been solid.

What were the driving conditions during this OCI, e.g., short trips. hwy, mixed?

Originally Posted By: mclasser
What were the driving conditions during this OCI, e.g., short trips. hwy, mixed?

just daily driving, no super short trips, 70% city or traffic. sees 7800rpm daily. I average 16mpg lol

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
K&N eh? Check out that silicon!
nope, OEM. Ive been trying to figure out where its coming from and have no idea.

Silicone sealers ran up his silicon number.

However, his earlier silicon #'s are high, too, but still probably sealers.

Originally Posted By: 40w8
Silicone sealers ran up his silicon number.

However, his earlier silicon #'s are high, too, but still probably sealers.

silicon has been always high in this engine(used to drive me up the [censored] wall), even more so this last time because of the work done

Thanks for sharing this. I was thinking of running this oil in my G37 also, currently running M1 5w30. Whats the reason for going to a thicker oil? It doesn't look like it help much with the wear. Have you noticed a hit with gas the mileage or sluggishness ?

This is a minor point, but it is possible that was Mobil 1 5W30 EP three changes ago instead of ESP?
I've never seen an analysis of that ESP with so much magnesium before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back