RedLine 75W-90 GL-5, 3k mi OCI, 37k mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Emperors6
Ignore my earlier comment about using different chemistries. What do you recommend that one specifically?

For coming winter, I would pick Amsoil 80W140 GL5 over RL for its higher KV@40*C and KV@100*C,and lower VI ............
for its higher MOFT, thicker base oil stocks and probably better shear-stability than RL.
Comes summer, I would consider shear-stable mineral 85W140 and/or Amsoil SAE 190(which is actually of SAE140 grade,in reference to LE links provided above).
However, I somehow believe that the Amsoil SAE 190's (actually 140's) pour point of -30*C is suitable for use in your -20*C winter regimes (in following year), which you may verify with Amsoil(read:pablo).
blush.gif

I did, but Dave @ Red Line said it shouldn't make much of a difference. Based on the wear metals I needed something with more than just a marginal improvement. However, that's moot now since I'll be getting a diff cooler and just running 75W90. Around April when I do that install, I will do an UOA on the 75W90 that's been in there over the winter to see how it held up.

Btw, this is no longer the latest UOA on my diff. Check my post history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back