Ford is launching a new parts brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Omnicraft sounds like something out of a Robocop movie.

Would it fit this car? 8.2 MPG!!!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Omnicraft sounds like something out of a Robocop movie.

Would it fit this car? 8.2 MPG!!!

That Blaupunkt radio though!!!

Originally Posted By: Trav
I hope they put more thought into the quality of the parts than they did the name Omnicraft. CheapNChessy sounds better.

Totally agree.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
are omnicraft parts USA made?

Given this quote from the article, I highly doubt it:

Originally Posted By: Article
The United States imports nearly $150 billion in auto parts from China each year. Omicraft gives Ford the opportunity to take a stab at usurping some of that business for itself.

Perhaps that 35% import tax/tariff will change things. It would be nice to have a premium parts division, supplying quality parts. But most people care less what goes on their cars and how much they pay is all that matters.

Originally Posted By: antonmnster
Dodge ruined anything starting with "omni".
Why? For the period it was alive, it was on the par with its domestic contemporaries. Heck, the Shelby version aka Omni GLH was supposedly a blast to drive. I think it was unfairly maligned.

You have obviously never driven an Omni GLH.
GLH-S.jpg

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Why? For the period it was alive, it was on the par with its domestic contemporaries. Heck, the Shelby version aka Omni GLH was supposedly a blast to drive. I think it was unfairly maligned.

Friend of mine had one, and yes it was plenty fun even just to be a passenger in it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The last place I'd go is to a Ford dealer to fix a GM, Chrysler, or any of the others. Some of these dealers have a hard enough time fixing their own brand, now suddenly they can service them all. No thanks.

I work at a Ford dealership and work on just as many GM's as I do Fords. I don't particularly care to work on them but I am perfectly capable of it. The customers must agree because they keep coming back.

thats fiats new chrysler branded all terrain flying car.
on that announcement i opened a new company today.
i now install reinforced steel over roofs to keep falling fiat parts and crash debris off of your home!
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Omnicraft is an awful name.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The last place I'd go is to a Ford dealer to fix a GM, Chrysler, or any of the others. Some of these dealers have a hard enough time fixing their own brand, now suddenly they can service them all. No thanks.

I work at a Ford dealership and work on just as many GM's as I do Fords. I don't particularly care to work on them but I am perfectly capable of it. The customers must agree because they keep coming back.

That's good, too bad you don't live around here. I had a few issues with warranty work at Ford, three times to get an oil pan gasket right, and another time twice for a PS pump.

Most of the dealer techs I worked with in the past weren't that good. I remember customers coming back with their cars three or four times for the same problem at Kia, Suzuki, Honda, VW, and Nissan dealers I worked for. Sometimes simple things, not good. I often wonder if they did it out of spite because management really sucked. We'd send American iron out to the local shops.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
They should have kept using the Motorcraft name, it was already known to everyone.

Motorcraft already makes parts that will fit non-Fords, so I also don't understand why Ford did this, unless this is a lower quality line of parts that is maybe more complete.

In so far as taking a non-Ford to a Ford dealer, I almost did that with my Oldsmobile Alero when it needed tires. But that was mostly because this Ford dealer is very close to my office, and certain Mustangs use the same not so common sized tires that my Alero uses, and I knew that the Ford dealer had the tires.

I take the Matrix to the Ford Quicklane for oil changes and they do a great job at a reasonable price. Plus they don't upsell like the Toyo dealer. If something needs to be done they will tell you about it. Where the Toyo dealer wants to upsell right now and they want an answer, tiresome.

Took the Camry there for some new General Altimax RT43s. They had a 30 day price guarantee and use a Hunter Roadforce for the balancing. Comes with lifetime rotations and balancing.

Not sure I'd take them there for certain repairs but for the basics I'd consider it. They also treat the other customers the say way and it seems like they appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
are omnicraft parts USA made?

Are Omnicraft OEM parts? If not then why even do this.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I take the Matrix to the Ford Quicklane for oil changes and they do a great job at a reasonable price. Plus they don't upsell like the Toyo dealer. If something needs to be done they will tell you about it. Where the Toyo dealer wants to upsell right now and they want an answer, tiresome.

Took the Camry there for some new General Altimax RT43s. They had a 30 day price guarantee and use a Hunter Roadforce for the balancing. Comes with lifetime rotations and balancing.

Not sure I'd take them there for certain repairs but for the basics I'd consider it. They also treat the other customers the say way and it seems like they appreciate it.

I just received an email today regarding the Ford Works oil change, filter, tire rotation, etc. It has a $10.00 rebate which Ford does several times a year. However, first time I have seen in the disclosure that a Motorcraft OR an Omnicraft oil filter will be used!

I agree, just the name "Omnicraft" sounds cheap and off brand in my opinion. If I take advantage of the deal I will specifically ask for a Motorcraft filter. Not sure though if my lease will be up before my next oil change.

Originally Posted By: ls973800
I just received an email today regarding the Ford Works oil change, filter, tire rotation, etc. It has a $10.00 rebate which Ford does several times a year. However, first time I have seen in the disclosure that a Motorcraft OR an Omnicraft oil filter will be used!

I agree, just the name "Omnicraft" sounds cheap and off brand in my opinion. If I take advantage of the deal I will specifically ask for a Motorcraft filter. Not sure though if my lease will be up before my next oil change.

Ford is making the oil filters that have no Ford application an Omnicraft filter. We have a few of the popular ones in stock, but if it comes down to it, I will just order Wix from a parts house for competitive make cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back