VOA Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 Euro L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized I posted this in the wrong sub forum. Would be great if I could get this moved.

Thanks

Okay, so low calcium equals low TBN equals an oil that isn't suited to long drains.
As Gomer would say surprise, surprise.
This looks like a light version of old GC.
Solid basestock blend but not much of an add pack and less of it.

I ran this oil in my Jeep GC (diesel) to 10,000 miles on the factory fill. I have some from AZ clearance that I'll run in a gas engine for 5k without worry.

The oil is perfectly serviceable for your application. Yes, it's not a high TBN A3/B4, but we already knew that. With reference to this thread and your other thread, we really have to remember what we saw with the SM/GF-4 rollout. There were a lot of TBN reductions at that point, too, and the sky didn't fall. At your OCIs, you'll be just fine.

Just watch pricing. There are other low phosphorus 5w-30 examples with SN and an HTHS of 3.5 or greater. Of course, pricing is all over the map depending upon where one is on the geographical map.

Looks like any 5W30 C3 oil. Good TBN, good cst.
It is primarily made for diesel applications and gasoline application in markets with ULSG (NOT U.S. market).

Hope I’m not high jacking this thread, but have a quick question with a recent oil change. I think the OP is using this in his G37 v-6 gas engine correct? I ask because when I saw Euro I thought this would be a good oil to try in my GM 2.9L gas engine, but later realized “L” and Dexos2 indicates diesel applications (brainfart I know). Am I ok for a short 3-5k run without converter or O2 issues? Thanks, Alfred

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back