Ford and toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 ford f150 3.5 boost. Prestone dexcool 50/50
2011 camry 4 cylinder. Valvoline Asian 50/50.
Both just drain and refill. Each held about a gallon total.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
It'd seem that the F150 would drain out quite a bit more coolant than 1 gallon.

Just a radiator drain and fill. My Tundra was a bit over a gallon, I think, but no more than 1.5 gallons.

Yes, the orange coolant that Ford has been using for about 5 years is Dexcool. They call it Motorcraft Specialty Orange iirc, but you'll find when you cross-reference the tech specs that it is dexcool.

Interestingly, the Zerez Asian is what you need to service Fords that are filled with Motorcraft Specialty Green. So I stock dexcool and asian coolant in my garage nowadays
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Interestingly, the Zerez Asian is what you need to service Fords that are filled with Motorcraft Specialty Green. So I stock dexcool and asian coolant in my garage nowadays
crazy2.gif

Mazda FL-22 also works.

.. This chart here might be useful for some people.

Well ok to be a bit more specific on amount The toyota camry held just shy of a gallon and f150 held over a gallon but not much more than gallon. I plan to do another drain and fill on both vehicles in month or so and not worry about it for 3 or 4 years.

I've got the Zerex Asian stuff sitting on the shelf for my 2011 Fusion. Just turned over 100k a couple weeks back; going to drain and use Lubegard radiator cleaner, replace the thermostat, then fill with the Zerex.

How is the Zerex Asian Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back