New Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I was a mechanic at a Honda dealer when I think Automobile magazine named the 1996 Civic as car of the year. I wonder how much Honda paid for that?

GM went bankrupt because in 1997 the Malibu was the car of the year. That stunt emptied their coffers.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I think Road and Track and Car and Driver are ghost written by the same yuppies. A pretentious twit called David E. Davis started Automobile, I was overjoyed when Car and Driver fired him and I wouldn't waste a dime on Automobile. I used to enjoy Autoweek when it came every week, but now it's just another C&D or R&T

I remember buying the very first issue of Automobile magazine and it featured a Toyota MR2 verses a Ferrari 308/328.

Of course car magazines are biased towards advertisers.
Remember the C&D cover story "road test contest" between a Ferrari 250 GTO and something from Royal Oak Pontiac which they called a "Pontiac GTO". It had at least a 421 HO motor, probably an aluminum block "drag race" special but C&D didn't do a displacement test.

I was in a new civic two weeks ago. Cool looking but very uncomfortable for my old body. Have you driven a new civic?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Leo99
I was in a new civic two weeks ago. Cool looking but very uncomfortable for my old body. Have you driven a new civic?

Yea-I can see "leakyseals" going from an Escalade to a Civic! LOL!
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Leo99

Yea-I can see "leakyseals" going from an Escalade to a Civic! LOL!
eek.gif

Well, I can tell you first hand, my Camry is a lot more comfortable than a new Civic.

Yes, I test drove a new Civic. It was a 2016 Civic LX automatic. Took it on the hwy and the driving experience is just like the old ones. Kind of loud and a very firm ride. Power delivery is, meh. It is very different than a Camry. Not that the Civic is a bad car by means. Apples and oranges. It made the 2012 Camry feel like a Lexus LS430.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back