5w30 in a 2010 Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I ordered a 12 qt case of MileSyn 5w30 blend to try out. I planned on using it only in my truck, but thought about using it in the gf's Toyota as well. The manual only recommends 0/5w20. Would this oil have any issues in the 2ZR-FE engine? 119k, about 70/30 hwy/city. Thanks!!

You are out of warranty but I dont know diff between 1zzfe and 2zrfe but seem close to the same. I wouldnt hesitate to use 5w30 its considered ok for the 1.8 as long as I recall. Seeing that you are in Texas the 5w30 would be ideal.

yes, it's out of warranty. Just wanted to make sure that 5w30 wouldn't be an issue, given there is no mention of it in the OM

No issue at all, in fact I prefer 5w30 for that motor. Esp in warmer areas.

I been using 5w-30 although the fill cap has 5w-20. Think I been doing it since around 55-60k on the clock, have over 120k on it now. Seems fine in Calif. climate.

Was just searching for Oil recommendations for the 2ZRFE in my 2009 'yota Matrix

I currently like the Pennzoil Plat HM 5w20, but I am thinking of doing a 5w30 or maybe Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 just for May-August driving here in Central Florida.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
It won't hurt anything...

I'm learning that as long as one has a basic understanding of what weight to use in their application, no name brand oil will hurt anything. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back