2010 Honda Civic 9,984 Miles; Super Tech Full Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great to me. Really good timing too. I should have 12-14K on my current fill of ST Full Syn 5w20 when I finally get around to change it on the 12' Civic. I'll also post up the UOA when I get it.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Great UOA but I have no idea why they suggested 12k. It looks like 10k is a very reasonable and safe ceiling to me. And that would be with the additive since that is what you had tested. Results without it may have been quite different.
This.^^^

Although the OP can technically run this oil for 12k as per the Lab results, I think 10k is a safe limit. Operating conditions may change during the next interval, so pushing the oil to the limit seems silly to me. Why risk engine damage over a $20 oil change?

I'm all about extended OCIs as long as it's within a reasonable and SAFE limit. The point of the oil is to prevent engine wear.

Agree. Severe service on my 2014 Accord 2.4. Heat,short trips,towing,oil smells like gasoline. 4 or 5 months and 4 or 5 thousand miles for me. May get a uoa to check fuel dilution.

Frankenoil ...How would the ST look without the Lubeguard ? Is it just the large moly count or are their other additiaves at play here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back