Pat Goss from Goss Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: CKN
They should just replace him with a commercial.....since that's what his segment is already!

True. Possibly because he ran out of ideas years ago.
+1

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: Malo83
best point was the yahoo's that change oil that know better than the oil engineers that deal in oil

What exactly are Goss' qualifications that make his segment any more relevant than what you'd hear from the guy changing your oil?

I change my own oil, who you gonna listen to, Goss, or the kid doing your oil change at your local Jiffy Lube.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
best point was the yahoo's that change oil that know better than the oil engineers that deal in oil

What exactly are Goss' qualifications that make his segment any more relevant than what you'd hear from the guy changing your oil?

I change my own oil, who you gonna listen to, Goss, or the kid doing your oil change at your local Jiffy Lube.
33.gif

Thanks for confirming that Goss has nothing more than a pulpit to speak from.

No Jiffy Lube's around here, but we do have Valvoline Instant Oil Change. There's a good chance that the guy working on your car there has received training at their global headquarters in Lexington, KY.

In other words...the guy working for a meager hourly wage that Goss maligns may just have had actual training on the subject, and knows better than to perpetuate the same garbage myths.

Surely you Jest! that meagerly wage earner is probably given a basic 2 hr class on oil and I mean basic, their are no EXPERTS working at any fast oil change joints, turnover rate is too high, he'll show you his vast knowledge on how to drain the oil and change a filter, but how many horror stories have you heard about taking your car to get serviced, you have a problem with Goss, well can't help you there.
grin2.gif

From 3:15 to 3:30 he got it backwards -- the thin oil guys were the overbearing ones. Remember the "thin oil Nazis"?

He also denied the capability of synthetics to handle extended intervals, from 1:35 to 1:58. He needs to read the label on Mobil 1 "EXTENDED PERFORMANCE".

Pat "Grouchy" Goss' recent video is not only full of misinformation, he left out some useful information for the majority of his viewers who are not mechanically inclined DIY'ers, such as:
1. You should open the hood periodically, between oil changes, and check the oil level.
2. After a shop changes your oil and before you drive away you should take a moment to check that they put the right amount of oil then start the engine and look under the car for leaks while it idles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back