Motorcraft FL500s, 2009 Ford Fusion cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter had a run of about 6000 miles on my moms 2008 Ford Fusion 3.0L V6 with now 248,000 miles. To me the filter looks very good. ADBV is soft and will still holding oil after a week being off the car. Comments and more pics are welcome.

And a pic of the oil fill hole

Looks excellent - very clean inside the oil fill too!

I thought the 3.0 Fusions took an FL820 - Is the 500 just an oversize alternate, like the FL400 is to a 910?

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Looks excellent - very clean inside the oil fill too!

I thought the 3.0 Fusions took an FL820 - Is the 500 just an oversize alternate, like the FL400 is to a 910?

They did until early 2009 then it was switched. No idea why but I had to double check that myself. The FL500s is a little longer but thinner vs the FL820 that was short and fat lol.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Thanks for the pictures! I use the FL500s on all my Ecoboost stuff so it's good to know it's so nicely built. Engine is clean, what oil are you using in it?

Currently has Castrol Edge. Usually it just goes to Ford dealer quick lane for an oil change around 6000 miles.

Filter looks good, and engine looks clean! How has the car held up? Thats a lot of miles for a 2008.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Filter looks good, and engine looks clean! How has the car held up? Thats a lot of miles for a 2008.

Not bad really. Other then maintenance it has only had a couple other mechanical parts replaced. Yeah the paint had stone chips in the front end, no rust, no dents, paint still shines up if washed and waxed. Wheels have a bunch of cosmetic corrosion and the front bumper has a crack front bumping into another car a couple years ago. Back in 2011 the car was T-boned by a girl that ran a stop sign so I repaired the entire left side of the car from headlight to taillight.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
... To me the filter looks very good....

To me too. And if fill pic is indicative of rest of engine and no reason to think otherwise, that looks excellent. Whatever oil Ford quick lane using combined with 6k mile oci seems to be working well. Looking at average miles per year thinking fair amount of highway miles part of that?

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back