Kumho & Arizonan tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently put Kumho TA-11 tires on the Sentra and Arizonan Silver edition III from Discount tire on the Elantra.
We have now had 2 snow storms of a foot or more and both cars did very well in fresh and packed snow.
If you live in snow country I can recommend these to take a look at.

I have some experience with Kumho summer and autocross tires. Good stuff

Never heard of Arizonian tires until I moved here to Denver. Just assumed they were Chinese junk because of cost/the types of cars I see them on.

For whatever reason, I always thought of coopers are lower tier tires. I don't really know why.

Those Arizonian Silver edition III are Traction: A Temp: B so they can't be that bad.

Cooper makes some excellent tires - I've got a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires on my Fusion and they're by no means 'lower tier.' Quite the opposite, actually.

Their CS5 Ultra Touring tire is outstanding, as is the CS3 Touring.

The biggest thing is they are not heavily hyped, like Yokohama, Michelin, etc.. So people don't really think about them as much.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Cooper makes some excellent tires - I've got a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires on my Fusion and they're by no means 'lower tier.' Quite the opposite, actually.

Their CS5 Ultra Touring tire is outstanding, as is the CS3 Touring.

The biggest thing is they are not heavily hyped, like Yokohama, Michelin, etc.. So people don't really think about them as much.

Probably true. I don't buy them because they are not offered at tire rack. Seems silly but I live 3 miles from one of their main warehouses/distribution centers, so I only buy tires from them.

Cooper wasn't OE on any car until just a couple years ago. Their first OE fitment ever was the Zeon RS3-A on some models of the Focus, and that might still be their only OE fitment ever.

The OE Zeon RS3-A in that size is available on the Tire Rack. I think it's 215/50-17, but not sure. Search for a tire that size on TR's website
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Cooper wasn't OE on any car until just a couple years ago. Their first OE fitment ever was the Zeon RS3-A on some models of the Focus, and that might still be their only OE fitment ever.

The OE Zeon RS3-A in that size is available on the Tire Rack. I think it's 215/50-17, but not sure. Search for a tire that size on TR's website
smile.gif

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearch...rearDiameter=17 58 tires in that size on Tire Rack. Tire Rack doesn't sell coopers.

Recently put Arizonian Silver edition III on the Camry the son drives. We been getting a lot of rain, especially yesterday's storm he was driving around in. Came home late and gave thumbs up. Had a few vehicles around him slide out - but his tires don't have to much tread wear yet. Still for the months driving on them he has been happy with them.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

smile.gif

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearch...rearDiameter=17 58 tires in that size on Tire Rack. Tire Rack doesn't sell coopers.

The RS-3A does indeed show up on that link. You have to go the "results per page" box after all the tires and select "all" and then keep scrolling. The Cooper will show up
smile.gif

On the left, you can also narrow the search results by performance category, to only "ultra high performance all-season"
Performance Category --> All Season --> Ultra High performance All Season

I can vouch for the Cooper RS-3A. Until a couple years ago, I owned a '00 Pontiac Bonneville that was supercharged and souped up to the tune of 300+ front wheel horsepower. The RS-3A's I bought new on discounttiredirect. They were easily twice the tire of the General Altimax HP's they replaced (another high-performance tire.)

When I buy new tires, Coopers are usually at or near the top of the list. Have always had good luck with them. I wouldn't expect their offshoot (generic) brands to be anything other than a good generic tire for the price.

Originally Posted By: marine65
I recently put Kumho TA-11 tires on the Sentra and Arizonan Silver edition III from Discount tire on the Elantra.
We have now had 2 snow storms of a foot or more and both cars did very well in fresh and packed snow.
If you live in snow country I can recommend these to take a look at.

Have had the tires on both cars a couple months now.
I have to give the nod to the Arizonan Silver edition III over the TA-11 Kumho.
Nothing wrong with the Kumho but the Arizonan just seems to be a better all around tire.
If all 4 of the Kumho tires went magically missing I would go straight to Discount and get the Arizonans.

I put Arizonian Silver edition III tires on the 98 Camry the son drives. We had got some crazy rain finally and they they did fine - seen a lot of vehicles go off the road recently - hydroplane? Some just plowed into the flooded areas past the flooded signs, others just to fast for the heavy rain conditions.
I'm glad I installed new wiper blades and fresh headlight bulbs for him just as the rain season started.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Kuhmo purely because it is an actual name versus the lower tier Chinese tires.

You must have missed the fact that they arent lower tier chinese tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back