Red Line D6 ATF, 17.7k mi OCI, 52.1k mi '13 CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
All mileage is in kilometers not miles. I did 30hrs of track time in the spring, summer and fall of 2016.

It seems to have thinned out compared to the spec on the website. Should I run it longer next time?

T9wngDz.png

The 30 hrs of track time seems like it would be hard on it, but Blackstone recommends more and they are usually conservative. If you're going to continue w the track time, I'd be careful extending the interval.

Yeah looks good. Atf holds more wear metals than motor oil so they'll look deceiving. Blackstone is conservative so try what they say unless you like changing fluids as a hobby

The Fe is certainly lower than UAs, but the Cu is a bit higher.
I don't know enough about this tranny to say if there is an issue developing or not.
To understand the wear rates, it would be important to know the average miles of the UAs.

Does this system have an oil cooler that has Cu tubing or element brazing? If so, that would be a possible source of the Cu ppm. Not unlike when some syns are used in a Dmax engine; Cu will shed with certain lubes due to amines present until the system "normalizes" to the new chemistry.
I am not saying this is the case here; just offering a possible explanation.
i am not saying the Cu is a problem; just something to watch and make sure it does not escalate as a warning item with each successive UOA.
Everything else is well in control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back