retaining power window

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I replaced the power scissors thingie in the Driver's side door of my 01 Dakota. Soon after the back of the window starting coming out of its seat, so part way down it starts to tilt. It reseats on the way up.

What should I use to retain it? Some kind of glue? I'm concerned about something too permanent, if you know what I mean. I might need to do the same repair in another decade or two.

Make sure the nuts or fasteners at the bottom have the window held in snugly.

I would check the rubber gasket that runs around the top and sides of the window to make sure it's not binding and catching the window. In my accord the rubber piece that goes below the drivers mirror was pinching against the glass. Cutting that piece out fixed the operation and made it work as good as new.

I also sprayed silicone spray on that rubber twice a year.

The window upends near the bottom of travel, so I don't see what point there is to checking the top side of the rubber gasket. The gasket it lubed in its entirety with Sil-Glide.

No nuts or fasteners at the bottom. Just a slot that the bottom of the glass fits in. This is an adhesive issue. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back