Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else used this stuff?

Tried on some old headlights, and came away very impressed, especially for the price ($7.99 at Walmart).

Includes:
Two, double-sided "restoration pads", providing four-step sanding
Lubricant for pads
"Lens clarifying" compound
Base coat wipe
Sealant wipe
Gloves

Made the job easy, and with the base coat/sealant, should keep them clear for awhile.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Anyone else used this stuff?

Tried on some old headlights, and came away very impressed, especially for the price ($7.99 at Walmart).

Includes:
Two, double-sided "restoration pads", providing four-step sanding
Lubricant for pads
"Lens clarifying" compound
Base coat wipe
Sealant wipe
Gloves

Made the job easy, and with the base coat/sealant, should keep them clear for awhile.

Thanks, have any before and after pics?

Tell us what they look like in 6 months! I have used it but they look bad again in 6 months. You need to use a wax or sealant.

Could you feel the discoloration?

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Thanks, have any before and after pics?

You're welcome.

Sorry, no; didn't plan on it. Honestly, although the reviews were good, I really wasn't expecting much from a cheap Turtle Wax product. Came away happily surprised at just how effectively it worked!
Originally Posted By: Donald

Yes. It wasn't super thick, just a yellow tinge and heavy pitting over the lens. I don't have any doubt though that you could get through much worse with the same product.

You need to use a wax or sealant.

It includes a base coat and sealant that's applied after you're done sanding/polishing.

Tell us what they look like in 6 months! I have used it but they look bad again in 6 months. You need to use a wax or sealant.

I'd recommend getting some Meguiar's Keep Clear. It sprays on in a nice tight fan pattern. Just need to tape off your headlights. It says that it protects newly restored headlights for up to one year. I wish I would have used it after using the 3M drill restoration kit the first time around.

I think they had two kits. I used one. It did OK. Not as well as I was hoping, but maybe my lights weren't as terrible as I thought to begin with.

I used it some time ago.. but the sealant wipe wasnt sufficient in preventing a recurrence. I dont think there is a true great fix for hazed headlights besides redoing them every year to keep them clear. Maybe if you put clear coat on the lens after, it might extend it a bit longer but Im thinking replacing the lenses is the only semi permanent solution. Or buying a new car LOL

That's the 0W40 front, doesn't say Dexos:

c9c0129...mp;odnBg=FFFFFF

That's the 5W30, it says Dexos:
10069908_mbi_120764_pri_larg.jpg

Last edited:

someone posted the same responsewhel used the TW Kit. Well since then I've also used the Maguire's Kit and they all work fantastic, BUT, after a few months they go right back to foggy. No amount of wax or treatment seems to make any difference and I've tried them religiously, New lights are my next more. So, the poster was dead right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back