Carl Edwards retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Scargo
I didn't like that the NASCAR president endorsed Trump, as did some drivers. I do not care for the militaristic, nationalistic, "Merica" redneck side of NASCAR. Football is bad enough. I'm ready to dump it.

... There is always QVC.
What is QVC?

Congralutions to Carl on a successful career retirement from a very dangerous sport. Having met Carl and his wife during one of his rehab visits to a place where I spent many, many months I learned a lot about their personal lives and challenges. I hope this retirement allows them to have a better quality of life. God Bless you Mr and Mrs Edwards. I will always cherish the memories of visiting with you.

P.S. They are a very nice, caring, and wonderful people.

Last edited:
I may not be able to speak about the rule changes and Carl because I simply do not know, but specifically which rule change? Just curious if you are talking about restrictor plate or one of the others? Either way I doubt that would have affected him to walk away from it but that is strictly my personal opinion and not based on any thing I heard from Carl.

From my perspective and what I know about the Edwards' personal life, I wholeheartedly believe as Carl stated that his decision is pure and strictly personal. He did this for his wife and family.

One of my conversations with Carl were regarding his safety and I do not believe he feared the danger of the sport in and of itself at that time we spoke. However, times and lives change and a person has to do what is right for his family_ and this is my statement not Carl's-let's be clear on that.

Last edited:
If there is a possibility that the new changes would extend the season and mean more time away from family then it may have weighed on his decision some how sure, but in the end i it was all about his family.

It's hard to say, perhaps someday a news reporter will interview him and present the question on the new format and we can get his take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back