Rotella T 15W40 30,000 Kms On 93 Cummins 6bt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my latest oil analysis done on the trusty Cummins. I Changed out the PuraDyn TF24 for the MTS24 unit at 19000 Kms which required 3 ltrs of oil and an additional 1 ltr top up. No oil change was performed just an oil sample taken. Here's the report:

I wonder how you guys get the tbn to last so long. My tbn is down to like 3 or 4 after maybe 6,000 miles.

It's slow decreasing, so I'll be adding an oil guard in front of the Puradyn to combat the decrease. I'll be changing the oil guard filter every 3000 miles and 1 ltr of top up oil added. Are you running a bypass?

I haven't analyzed my oil in a while, but IIRC correctly I was running a fleetguard stratapore oil filter. Been using using the Donaldson for a long time now, comes from Arizona, so no rust or defects like I was having with several fleetguards.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I wonder how you guys get the tbn to last so long. My tbn is down to like 3 or 4 after maybe 6,000 miles.

Your engine has EGR, unless deleted. The OP's does not. EGR causes increased acidification of the oil even though tailpipe NOx emissions may be decreased.
Also he had 4qts makeup oil, about 1qt/5000mi.
Charlie

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
The dates and miles don't match.
Was there a typo?

Yes was a typo at 18000 kms, it's date is supposed to be Feb 9,2016. All other dates are correct.

Interesting you may want to check my post above yours "used and abused" I just changed out 40000 mile Rotella T6 on one truck and just swapped out 16000 mile Mystic on the other. Just installed Donaldson blue filters and Amsoil bypass kits on both trucks and changed over to Schaeffer's Oil. One of the trucks got wrecked and it is in the body shop right now which means the other one is running 24/7 for the last 3 weeks which equates to 6500 miles of hard short local 20 mile runs pulling 82k lbs, the next time I sample things should get interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back