Amsoil gave me free Preferred Customer membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I buy & stash? Even with PC pricing their oil is more expensive than Jugs bought at walmart or costco. I'm thinking the rubberized undercoat to prevent rust.

BTW I was given the free membership because I left my old PC subscription run out in 2015

I was about to make a new post but help me help you all out.
Here is the email with the promo code included.

Screenshot_20170125-103816.png

FreeShipPC

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Maybe he thinks Californication will ban the storage and use of oil

I think it's just an attempt to exceed the 21 posts made yesterday.

When you were gone like that for a while there's a lot that needs to be said.

LOL more pathetic marketing ploys by AMSOIL to sell you their overpriced, boutique oils when you can get a comparable syn oil off the shelf at any WalMart for half the cost!

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Maybe he thinks Californication will ban the storage and use of oil
On the left coast, anything is possible.
smile.gif

LOL more pathetic marketing ploys by AMSOIL to sell you their overpriced, boutique oils when you can get a comparable syn oil off the shelf at any WalMart for half the cost!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

FreeShipPC
Hmmm-wonder if their synthetic PS fluid is any good? I'm sure a gallon would be at least $50.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

FreeShipPC
Bad news-code not working. Maybe only for existing customers?

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
What should I buy & stash? Even with PC pricing their oil is more expensive than Jugs bought at walmart or costco. I'm thinking the rubberized undercoat to prevent rust.

BTW I was given the free membership because I left my old PC subscription run out in 2015

Congrats...PC pricing for SS gets you at least twice the mileage* per OCI as most of the WM jugs so it's worth it.

* with proper UOA. Never exceed manufacturer's specified OCI under warranty. YMMV depending on engine and driving habits.

I typically only buy the Amsoil ATF, Gear Oil, and 2 stroke Oil

Amsoil 2 stroke injector, HP marine and interceptor, and even 100:1 professional are ALL cheaper than name brand Walmart full syn 2 stroke oil.

For motor oil I use autozone clearance oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Why "stash" anything, Wallyworld is stuffed with good oils at good prices.

THIS-is a question I ask myself when someone says they have a stash of 200 quarts or another BITOG member that has a 12 1/2 year stash.

Both of the above are true examples BTW.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Why "stash" anything, Wallyworld is stuffed with good oils at good prices.

THIS-is a question I ask myself when someone says they have a stash of 200 quarts or another BITOG member that has a 12 1/2 year stash.

Both of the above are true examples BTW.

When I read "stash" I thought what should I buy to meet the $50 req for the free shipping?...
Not what should I spend $1000 for a lifetime supply.
I would get a gallon of 2stroke oil and a few ATF for the next drain and fill on the Accord and LS

What do you guys use the 2-stroke oil for? You have a Trabant laying-round somewhere? (Kidding)

One of the drawbacks of hybrid cars is you can only use hybrid gear oil (proper name: CVT transmission fluid)
15.gif

It boils my blood if I hear..." but its cheaper at WM".
I dont care. Amsoil is excellant oil for long OCIs.
Wally oil is good for people who change oil every 5000 miles.

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia

Bet it boils the blood of some folks here when you make such a statement about WM oil selection, especially when this stuff retails for $5.74/quart (in 5qt jug).
mobil-1-extended-performance-oil.png

Amsoil's 15,000 mile offering retails for $11.86/quart (Signature Series in 4qt jug).

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia

So is Mobil 1 EP. Also available at "Wally".

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
What do you guys use the 2-stroke oil for?

Chainsaws, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, 2 stroke scooters, dirt bikes, boat motors, and making 2 stroke scented candles... rofl

Amsoil gear oil and PS/Transmission fluid is hard to beat (the gear oil is arguably the best on the market). If you need any of that I would buy that to meet the $50 purchase requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back