I wish Costco sold diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love their cheap $2.10 gasoline and wish they had some cheap diesel too. Once I trade my Hybrid for a Cruze Diesel I will have to abandon Costco for fuel.

BTW the Cruze Diesel is predicted to get 49 MPG highway. Very few cars get that high, even hybrids.

Some locations are staring to sell Diesel. Mine sells it and it is great...same regens frequency, etc. It is substantially cheaper than Chevron, etc. in my area.

That is pretty decent MPG. I read that the 2018 Cruze will be available in a hatchback, diesel and a 6-speed manual. That is cool.

Diesel is typically $0.40 higher per gal than gas in Waco.

My gas 1/2 ton truck gets 18mpg
My diesel 3/4 truck gets 26 mpg

I wish diesel was lass than gas, like it used to be.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Diesel is typically $0.40 higher per gal than gas in Waco.

My gas 1/2 ton truck gets 18mpg
My diesel 3/4 truck gets 26 mpg

I wish diesel was lass than gas, like it used to be.

So you wish it was 3.50 for gas so the 2.99 diesel would be cheaper?

49.gif

They have a list of locations with diesel.

https://www.costco.com/gasoline-diesel.html

I haven't seen it operational, but I had gotten gas at some of the locations where there was construction for the addition of diesel. They had fences set up around the construction area with banners saying they were going to have diesel.

My closest Costco has construction going on. The pumps are still operational, but they're fencing off some of the areas. I'm pretty sure this is for diesel. The way it's set up it's single file to line up, but cars still break into two lines past the fencing.

My Costco has diesel. Usually 5-10 cents more a gallon than premium unleaded. So 25-30 cents more a gallon than regular unleaded. I see pickups and panel vans filling up with diesel regularly.

The Costco I usually go to just added 12 pumps to the 16 they had, so now they have 28. Kind of surprised they didn't add diesel while they were at it.

Originally Posted By: Rand
So you wish it was 3.50 for gas so the 2.99 diesel would be cheaper?
49.gif

I've paid $0.72 a gallon for on-road diesel in the 90's.

I miss those days

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
They have a list of locations with diesel.

Oh good. I'm near the Irvine Costco. But is it worthwhile to drive 10 miles out-of-way to save 10 cents vs. the Arco diesel right across the street? (ponder). Well I'll decide that later. Thank you.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back