I have too much oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Killer223
then i must have a problem.... i must have over 100 GALLONS of oil.. [censored]... i have issues.

i keep my oil out in the cold (Chicago cold).... Am i chasing the pouring capacity???

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Join the club. When you base your next vehicle purchase (lease) on what oils and filters you already have in your stash, you know the situation is dire.

LMAO! For a Hoarder that might seem like a step in the right direction, at least thinking about getting rid of it by using it on the appropriate vehicle.

Reminds me of the guy who bought the Crown Vic here on this board "for his wife to drive". Needless to say she didn't like it, and he was looking to trade it in on a convertible just a short time later.

Can't believe the "peer pressure" from a forum board.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Reminds me of the guy who bought the Crown Vic here on this board "for his wife to drive". Needless to say she didn't like it, and he was looking to trade it in on a convertible just a short time later.

Well aren't you the Negative Ned as always, sheesh! Try to say something nice or keep trap closed please. Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: CKN

Well aren't you the Negative Ned as always, sheesh! Try to say something nice or keep trap closed please. Thank you in advance.

I hear the "ignore button" works real well if you don't like my comments, or they hit to close to home.
Thank you in advance for using that feature.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Killer223
then i must have a problem.... i must have over 100 GALLONS of oil.. [censored]... i have issues.

Whoa, that's serious.

I stocked up on oil some 7 to 10 years ago when good deals and rebates were popular. I'm guessing I had near 200 qts. I'm only now getting near the end of my stash.

I am an oil hoarder and am OK with it. $24 for 81 qts of mostly synthetic oil. At least 2 years of oil changes for me (I also have 4 Wix made Car Quest Blue oil filters for the car ($10), only 1 ST oil filter for the truck (not stashing these unless I get a killer deal, ST filters are fine for it)).

Yes, an oil hoarder has to show off their stash to make themselves feel better...
banana2.gif

100 gallons??? My Civic Hybrid use 3.4 quarts per 10,000 miles, so that oil would be good for 1.2 million miles!
shocked.gif

Quote:
4x4 shelf full of qt bottles of oil.

Drive across the country a few times & use it up. Ever been to Vegas? Want to go again? Here's your opportunity. Just hop in the car & go.

- You can also see Key West..... that's a nice long drive.
- Or the Pacific Coast Highway which is a gorgeous drive between Santa Barbara CA and Portland OR. To your right is mountains & your left is ocean. Miss a turn & your going for a dive into water.
- Also the Blue Ridge Parkway which cuts through gorgeous Virginia valley farms.
- Follow U.S. 1 to the Maine-Canada border.
- Drive Nevada's loneliest road (US50) from North of Vegas all the way to San Francisco.

Make that oil disappear. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back