How long to use a ST 4386 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon BITOG faithful. Brother that has the Yukon Hybrid traded in the "money pit" 92' Blazer on a 10' Camry LE or same as mine. Has 56,xxx miles on it. I changed the Tearolators "Pro Line" filter and whatever oil and put Magnatec 5w30 and Super Tech #4386. Told him to go 5,000 miles on oil&filter. Good advice or was I wrong

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

GO FALCONS!!

Please do. I'd like to see how this proline fared compared to mine. Was pretty roughed up after only 4000 miles

Originally Posted By: car51
Good afternoon BITOG faithful. Brother that has the Yukon Hybrid traded in the "money pit" 92' Blazer on a 10' Camry LE or same as mine. Has 56,xxx miles on it. I changed the Tearolators "Pro Line" filter and whatever oil and put Magnatec 5w30 and Super Tech #4386. Told him to go 5,000 miles on oil&filter. Good advice or was I wrong

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

GO FALCONS!!
Show us the tears. Money talks.

Brother has filter so sorry; won't be cut til when I'm out his way. Money talks yes: why I use FRAM or WIX or BALDWIN. Their QUALITY talks. Puro: utter filth and trash as I know I've cut least 50+ that tore. End of story
smile.gif

GO FALCONS and Packers: better luck next year

Should be fine for 5k max, would not run it longer than that. It will stay in one piece as you know filter cutting Jedi, but those are all paper cellulose filters they just don't have a ton of holding capacity.

For comparison, the Napa Silver clone of that filter is recommended by Napa for 3-4k OCI's.

Your good to go. I think those filters even have regular ADV vs the combo valve of some ST filters.
Regardless, 5,000 miles is fine on that filter. Same for the oil.

Heck, if it is driven sensibly, 7,500 miles would probably be safe (but would probably stick to 5,000).

Originally Posted By: THafeez
Please do. I'd like to see how this proline fared compared to mine. Was pretty roughed up after only 4000 miles

Just curious Car51, have you tried a Dremel with a metal cutting wheel? It works great for me and I don't see why it wouldn't work on a smallish type filter.

Nah, knowing my luck I'd nick the media. I ordered the cutter I linked early in this post.

Thanks for all the help BITOGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back