Farewell Crazyoildude !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always enjoyed hearing about his shop car, the Oldsmobile with a zillion miles on it. Also looked forward to his other stories from the engine shop. Missed already!!!!

Just saw this news ... I'm shocked and sad about it.
frown.gif
Condolences to his friends, family and loved ones. Brian (crazyoildude) was a good guy, you could tell by his postings. Would like to have met him in person. Still not sure I ever convinced him louvers were OK if they were made right ... always got a chuckle out of his posts.
grin.gif

RIP Brian

He gave me OCD about worrying when it came to oil security seals. His posts were funny and I took it all in and sometimes with a grain of salt. Glad he was on here. Let us all not forget the entertainment he brought to us. We all owe it to him to check the oil containers out like only he knew how. I feel sad to lose anyone on this forum and just glad he was a part of all of us.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
crazyoildude (Member #22429)
User
Registered On: 07/23/08 09:51 PM

Hmm...

His soulmate is using his login , while its up to pm me. I don't know if she knows his password or she is just using it while she still can ( as long as he is not logged out) Thats why the times are as they are. His last post was 11am or so friday.

She asked for a link so she could follow this thread.( i have sent that link). Just be aware that she is reading the thread and it may bring her comfort.

Bryan

Maybe ask her if the linked Obituary is him. If not, it is a disservice to 'Crazyoildude', and the deceased gentleman in the linked Obituary.

RIP, fellow Bitoger.

I have asked, i am waiting for her reply, if she is able.

I have confirmed that the posted obituary is our member's.

Thanks to all who have posted here.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/brian-lombardo-obituary?pid=1000000183675358

Last edited:
I was actually at Advanced Auto Parts today picking up some coolant and I automatically started comparing fluid levels against other bottles. Turned out the bottle I picked up before checking was missing a quart.. Thanks Brian!
smile.gif

How did he pass? Maybe valiantly defending the meek with his boots on. I saw a comment in the link that suggested he may have had a violent end?

Very sad. It doesn't read like I thought his obituary would....I thought he was married to a lawyer and had kids (didn't he recently send his daughter for Mobil 1 for the Hyundai Santa Fe)? And I thought he worked with his brother at the engine shop? Regardless, RIP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
How did he pass? Maybe valiantly defending the meek with his boots on. I saw a comment in the link that suggested he may have had a violent end?

A post on page 3 or 4 says CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)

56 is too young...... I'm almost there myself

Sad news ... I've just re-read a bunch of his old posts ... he was a straightforward guy who asked good questions and gave good common-sense advice. I'll miss him - RIP, and my condolences to his loved ones.

He was a good guy and will always be remembered by all of us. I'm sending good thoughts to his family in the hope that they find strength to carry on during this difficult time. RIP crazyoildude.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The obituary implied he was a partner in a locksmith business. Did he ever mention that? Not that I remember...

No but he did mention that he had a good friend that was a locksmith in this thread.

Nevermind, saw the confirmation above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back