I have too much oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know where all this oil came from, but I have an entire 4x4 shelf full of qt bottles of oil. Seriously I don't collect it or anything. Un intentional oil hoarder here, None of it is anything special though. My brothers gf is the type that adds oil when it gets low and never changes it. (Don't ask) so I'll sell it to her for cheaper than you can get it at the store.

I'm glad I finally joined the club
smile.gif

I've collected 100+ qts in 5 months and paid between .65-2.75 for it. Don't feel bad. And put it on craigslist for a good price. People bite sometimes. Always meet near your bank and deposit the money there to make sure it isn't fake
smile.gif

I feel you! Somehow, and I don't quite know how, my collection of Mobil, Valvoline, and Pennzoil has ballooned to almost 100 quarts.

Between AutoZone and their clearance, and the Pennzoil mail-in-rebate, I couldn't stop myself. I need my own episode of Intrvention.

I've got enough oil to change the oil in the next several cars I will drive.

I just did the math my friends. Me and Richard S enough oil for 25 oil changes (100 qts total 4 qts per OCI) which would take 12.5 years since I change it twice a year. I also have enough filters for the next 80,000 miles?? Haha thank god my sisters Prius C takes the same filters as mine. I'm not trying to brag, just doing the math and having a very hard time wrapping around the fact that I have TOO MUCH oil...

I have about 20 quarts of oil in the garage. It is not bad due to the fact if I changed the oil in all 3 vehicles I would only have 3 quarts left over.

then i must have a problem.... i must have over 100 GALLONS of oil.. [censored]... i have issues.

Thankfully I never caught that BITOG bug. I purchase my oil 1 OCI at a time. If its on sale at WM great, if not thats fine too...already a good price to begin with.

I used to go through lots of oil when I had a real beater of a car. Now I have 2 cars that don't really consume anything between changes and suddenly I have a stash of oil.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
I just did the math my friends. Me and Richard S enough oil for 25 oil changes (100 qts total 4 qts per OCI) which would take 12.5 years since I change it twice a year. I also have enough filters for the next 80,000 miles?? Haha thank god my sisters Prius C takes the same filters as mine. I'm not trying to brag, just doing the math and having a very hard time wrapping around the fact that I have TOO MUCH oil...

Sir that's nothing to brag about......

I usually stay one oil change ahead. Do not need anymore than that.

Better you than me. I let the farm store carry my oil inventory for me, and whenever I need it I simply go in and make the purchase. It has the advantage of not tying up a bunch of my capital tied up in inventory, and I don't spend my time running around chasing sales and closeouts.

Of course, I don't have a shelf full of motor oil to thump my chest over, but for most of us that isn't something worthy of boasting to begin with.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Its hoarding.
Someone finally said ittttttttttttttttttttttt....yes hoarding is a mental issue and getting rid of stuff puts that person in a state of shock....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back