Ordered some Philips H7 XtremeVision +130s

Status
Not open for further replies.
...for the Fusion in my sig. For $25/pair from Amazon, I couldn't pass. FWIW, a number of 'high-end' bulbs in this size seemed quite inexpensive this evening (maybe Amazon is running some sort of promo?). Anyway, this is for the high beam, as I upgraded the low beam to Sylvania Xtravision less than 2 years ago and have been happy. Any experience with these? I also had the option of the GE Nighthawk (regular, not Platinum) for ~$22, or the OSRAM Nightbreaker Unlimited for the same price, but many head-to-head reviews prefer the Philips product.

I just received some H13/9008 Extreme Vision +100's through Amazon, but haven't installed them yet. From what I have read, the H13 is not a great design to start out with, so it will be fun to experiment a bit. IF they give a bit of improved performance, I don't care if I have to replace them more often, within reason.

My butt dyno/laser vision eyes are not sensitive in the least. Is there a simple way to quantify a comparison of the two bulbs besides just driving with them? I have a 60 foot pole barn I could test them in, completely dark, shining the lights against a closed door?? 4 year old standard bulbs vs. new Xtreme's?

Are the 300 hour +/- life expectancy claims accurate?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
My butt dyno/laser vision eyes are not sensitive in the least. Is there a simple way to quantify a comparison of the two bulbs besides just driving with them?

Actually, the ONLY way a valid assessment can be made is with objective measurements. Our eyes are poor judges of their ability to see. You could take readings within the beam of anything that can give you an accurate relative measurement of light intensity. Set up certain test points within the beam and measure the intensity with the old bulbs and with the new bulbs.

That's really the only way to compare them.

One way to do the checking is with swapping single bulb on the car. This of course assumes that the headlights were aimed correctly prior to this exercise.

I'd keep the originals in the glove box. I put nightbreakers on my old Mazda 3 and they didnt last long. I had to swap one out in the parking lot of a walmart.

In the high beam they should last quite some time.
I have them in 9007 and get about a year out of them before a low filament fails.
I just had one fail and I put them in Dec 2015.

Last edited:
And either they have the warranty timer down to a science or it was a super coincidence but the other one let go today, just 3 days later.
Either way, yah if you are running these in Low beam or low/high then I would keep a spare set on board. I already put a spare Xtravision in the lamp that blew a few days ago or I wouldnt have had any low beams tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back