Anyone here fully recover from CHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SatinSilver: I didn't know you had a dog
smile.gif

It may help to take certain supplements that have been clinically proven to rejuvenate existing mitochondria as well as build new mitochondria. Mitochondria are the power plants inside a cell literally helping that cell execute it's duties by conversion of raw materials into usable energy. Very simple description but the basics.

Nicotinamide Riboside aka "NR" is a cousin to the B vitamin Niacin but not the same, and NADH (Nicotinamide Edenine Dinucleotide)
Improving your mitochondria at the cellular level would seem desirable for CHF but as always, DISCUSS ANY SUPPLEMENT YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING WITH YOUR DOCTOR(S) FIRST.

It's best to schedule appointment with cardiologist for advice on what to do next.

Glad to hear you are doing better and out of the ICU.

I don't, he belongs to my brother who adopted him from a Boxer rescue. He's super friendly and has a great personality.

The thoughts on mitochondrial issues have merit, in my opinion. My doc diagnosed me with mito disease. By following the treatment regimen, which is just exercise, diet, supplements, I've been able to do quite well.

As we age, mitochondrial function may suffer and there is no specific blood test available (that I know of) to detect this. However, by symptoms, doctors can determine likely issues.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
First doctors appointment since my hospital stay at 9am today. Nervous.

I wish you the best.

Wishing you luck. How are you feeling?

IMHO, I think that an oil forum may not be the place for heart malfunction help, just saying..I would find a heart forum if one is looking for health related issues , but I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

I wish you the best.

I'm back. This was the first meeting with a referred cardiologist outside the hospital. She is Japanese, has so may degrees she must have been in school most of her life. She gave me an EKG, Checked my BP, took a ton of notes. Said I was responding well to the meds and modified some.. less furosemide, more entresto. I don't need CoQ10 anymore and come back in a week. If things still seem ok start Cardio rehab.. after that get another Echocardiogram. Something about Cardiomyopathy with acute on chronic systolic heart failure. And something about hypertension, viral, and a other unknowns triggering the event..

That's about all I can remember. I told her I'm ok with rehabbing myself that the gym. She said she doesn't know me well enough to say yes talk in a week.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

Wishing you luck. How are you feeling?

I feel the best I've felt in years. First meds other than aspirin I've ever been on.

That's great she's adjusting the medications like that. Ramping down some and increasing others. Instead of just increasing and adding new ones. Noticed some doctors doing that with my dad.

Walking for an hour a day at a fast clip should do it but ask your doctor about that first. Six days per week should be fine.

Mine is around 35%. However, my body tells me to stop and rest when I have that "weird" feeling. I've had seven heart attacks which resulted in seven stents (over time), 3-way bypass in 2003 and same again at 2012.

You WILL feel better in time and listen to your body; when it lets you know you have to slow down/back off, do it!

Almost forgot to mention....I highly recommend cardiac rehab once back on your feet.

Last edited:
The next steps include "cardio rehab".. Whats involved with that? Can I rehab myself at the gym?

Yes..AFTER you understand what the progressive things you need to do during the rehab. In other words ..follow the PLAN. Ask the rehab person how fast and what grad you can do on the treadmill. Rome wasn't destroyed in a month or a year. And can't be rebuilt in that time.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

I wish you the best.

I'm back. This was the first meeting with a referred cardiologist outside the hospital. She is Japanese, has so may degrees she must have been in school most of her life. She gave me an EKG, Checked my BP, took a ton of notes. Said I was responding well to the meds and modified some.. less furosemide, more entresto. I don't need CoQ10 anymore and come back in a week. If things still seem ok start Cardio rehab.. after that get another Echocardiogram. Something about Cardiomyopathy with acute on chronic systolic heart failure. And something about hypertension, viral, and a other unknowns triggering the event..

That's about all I can remember. I told her I'm ok with rehabbing myself that the gym. She said she doesn't know me well enough to say yes talk in a week.

It can be difficult to take in and remember everything you are told when seeing a doctor, especially when they're using terms unfamiliar to you. Ask questions. And even ask if the doctor minds if you record the appointment or at least take notes. Or bring a relative along, my wife always goes along when one of her parents has an appointment. Its important to get as much info as possible and to keep it straight. This is serious business, not to be taken lightly or rushed.

The next steps include "cardio rehab".. Whats involved with that? Can I rehab myself at the gym?

No. To put it simply. Also, weight lifting is out with CHF, it is not the way you want to be exercising. Only follow the rehab exercises that you are given, do not try to freelance this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back