A thread I ran across on another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
crackmeup2.gif

Lets assume he's still making payments. If I were a bank I think I might employ a web crawling service to see if my loan applicants have any bad maintenance habits like this in their past.

Many Amateurs read labels on snake oils and feel an engine with 50K must need to be flushed. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and this is a good example.

This is why manufacturers are going to sealed transmissions ,extended oil changes and other such things because no maintenance is better than bad maintenance.

Not sure why this guy either thought this necessary or a good idea.
It appears that the engine may have survived this episode.
For this guy's sake, I hope that it did.
If the engine were not run at all hard, it might live to be subjected to another bad experiment.

Something makes me think it was a gag post.

We see a pic of a random truck in a parking lot and read a tight, description to moral-of-the-story paragraph.

Did that paragraph sound like it was written by an imbecile to you? Kira

Quote:
...If the engine were not run at all hard, it might live to be subjected to another bad experiment.

If true, one could only hope his next "hypothesis" is not as far off as this one.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Something makes me think it was a gag post.

We see a pic of a random truck in a parking lot and read a tight, description to moral-of-the-story paragraph.

Did that paragraph sound like it was written by an imbecile to you? Kira

When I first read it I had the same thought. But these days, if it seems too stupid to be true, it's probably not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back