Wix 51512 Cut Open, 47 Hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was on a International 274 Diesel. 1132 hours, 47 hours on the filter. Last OCI was August 2015. Used 2.5 quarts T6 5W-40 and 2.5 quarts Delo 400 15W-40.

6FssO5t.jpg

we5uKde.jpg

2Wgrs1Q.jpg

rtG69zg.jpg

sjZunYE.jpg

eZAy1LY.jpg

UuvLhCZ.jpg

Last edited:
47 hours is nothing for a diesel. 250 hours is very common, with a lot of newer diesels specifying 500 hour oil changes.

Even the oil is just barely brown.... when I change my diesel oil, it is BLACK.
Not "kind of black"... no, I mean B L A C K. I would have poured that oil right back in again!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Even the oil is just barely brown.... when I change my diesel oil, it is BLACK.
Not "kind of black"... no, I mean B L A C K. I would have poured that oil right back in again!

Really now? The filter has been sitting in a drain pan cut open for two days. Oil was black when I drained it and if you guys don't have any positive to say don't bother posting.

Oil is changed on this either once a year or two, I'm not going to wait till I pile hundreds of hours before changing it just doesn't get used that much in a year.

He's a new guy Farmer. Don't take it to heart. Give him a couple months to understand all the variables that BITOGers consider before changing their oil. Thank you very much for the C&P
smile.gif
filter looks well made.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
He's a new guy Farmer. Don't take it to heart. Give him a couple months to understand all the variables that BITOGers consider before changing their oil.

I offered my opinion, since Farmer was fishin' for them.
What is it you find so offensive about what I said?

Originally Posted By: car51
Farmer: looks real good and ignore the "new breed" of wastes that join here
smile.gif

So, what exactly is it that you think I should have said?

At this point, you're here to up your post count. Move along.

Where in this thread do I ask for opinions? I'm here to share. I'll ask for help and opinions when I need them. We know that's something very hard for you to understand but maybe one day you'll understand.

There is nothing offensive, it's that there's more to just color or hours on the oil that you have to consider. Being on here for 5 months has really helped me gauge many of the factors I should consider when changing the oil on my vehicles. In general people don't like it when others question their actions or offer opinions without being asked. This is a great site, with much to learn. And yes some will take it out on the new guy (ask me how I know), but you will really learn a lot about everything that has to do with motor oil and cars in general.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
At this point, you're here to up your post count. Move along.

You certainly do assume a lot about me, my friend.

It is sad when a person's knowledge level is based on their "post count".

Originally Posted By: Farmer
if you guys don't have any positive to say don't bother posting.

Perhaps it would prudent if you took your own advice.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Mods, can we get the ban hammer in here to stop this bickering?

Moderators typically only "ban" people for outright insults, defamation, etc. etc. - and none of that has occurred here.

Though I certainly hope Car51 wasn't referring to me when using the term "wastes", as that might actually qualify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back