Bird Dryer Vent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one of my bathroom exhaust vent has a problem where birds try to enter in it.

It does have a flapper on it, which would open when exhaust is running. Also it did have a tapered shade kind of thing on it, which got brittle because of weather and eventually fell off.

One of the bird can still get into it, though there's a flapper. Has anyone used this https://www.lowes.com/pd/IMPERIAL-4-in-Plastic-Pest-Guard-Dryer-Vent-Cap/3203049 or anything similar?

Any other home made DIY ideas to avoid it? Thanks for any help.

Put a cat in the vent to deter the birds...
27.gif

I put those on several years ago. Work great. Worth buying them

Edit:
I used one from Home Depot that did NOT have the access hinge. I unscrew the whole cover to clean the vent. Don't know about that one but the one comment indicates weakness with the hinge. Not good, those birds are smart and might open that up too lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Put a cat in the vent to deter the birds...
27.gif

Not really a cat person
laugh.gif

The dryer vent you have listed, will clog up with lint and need to be cleaned every so often. It will deter birds from nesting there. But if your not diligent with dryer maintenance, it can make the dryer work less efficient. It won't clog with lint if used only for a bathroom vent.,

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
The dryer vent you have listed, will clog up with lint and need to be cleaned every so often. It will deter birds from nesting there. But if your not diligent with dryer maintenance, it can make the dryer work less efficient. It won't clog with lint if used only for a bathroom vent.,

Thanks so much, I appreciate your suggestion. In my case, it'll be just an exhaust fan vent.

Home Depot has these, they have a flap in them too to stop cold or hot air from coming in as well as the cage outside to stop pests.

9qv0ba.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Home Depot has these, they have a flap in them too to stop cold or hot air from coming in as well as the cage outside to stop pests.

Thanks, my existing vent still has a flapper on it and that's why I was looking for a generic one.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you,I'll share a picture of mine tomorrow. It's a bathroom exhaust fan vent and has a flapper on it. Flapper open when exhaust is running and otherwise it's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back