EAGLE ONE Wax As U Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a day without rain, washed my Malibu yesterday and tried this out drying the car, have never tried any wax and dry products but this stuff gave a great shine with a smooth surface, no streaking. Blew off the water with a leaf blower and sprayed and wiped with a waffle weave microfiber towel, good stuff!
thumbsup2.gif

I didn't care for it at all. But it's good you were able to add a quick shine, some slickness and protection to the finish. I like Duragloss Aquawax available on Amazon, www.duragloss.com

The X is going to get a bath next week when the temps get above freezing. Will have to see if I can find locally.

I used E1 Wax as you dry a lot last year as I had found a new old bottle in my stash. Certain is easy and leaves a nice gloss. Didn't last very well and seemed to rinse off into a grey film on my windshield after some highway miles.

I have been using Megs D156 for a couple years now as a wax-as-u-day product and I am very happy. Would be willing to try others, but can't see any reason to change?

Originally Posted By: buck91
I used E1 Wax as you dry a lot last year as I had found a new old bottle in my stash. Certain is easy and leaves a nice gloss. Didn't last very well and seemed to rinse off into a grey film on my windshield after some highway miles.

I have been using Megs D156 for a couple years now as a wax-as-u-day product and I am very happy. Would be willing to try others, but can't see any reason to change?

Gonna try the Meguars wax as U dry next.
11.gif

I tried the Meguiar's and it was a streak nigbtmare for me. I have been using Griot's Spray Wax.

Chemical Guy's After Wash is an awesome product as well.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I tried the Meguiar's and it was a streak nigbtmare for me. I have been using Griot's Spray Wax.

Chemical Guy's After Wash is an awesome product as well.

Really? What did you use to dry with? What wax was on there initially? I've never had any issues with the D156; always super easy. Although their Ultimate liquid has been a headache for me.

I used a big generic microfiber waffle towel.

This was on my Volvo, which is jet black. I finished it two months prior with M21.

I'm planning on applying M21 every 4 months or so with spray wax in between. I may give the D156 another short with a different towel.

Odd... worst I've ever had was with a much neglected dark blue/grey paint on a GM car. And even then the "streaking" disappeared as it dried and left a nice sheen.

I have used Eagle One's Wax as U Dry for years, both the old formula and the new one.. and I have always loved the results. It's great stuff, although I think the old formula both worked better and smelled way better.

Been using for around 12 years. Bottle has changed colors many times (red, blue, silver, and now black). Doesn't replace good old fashioned wax job. Seems to take bugs off of the front of my bikes pretty good when applied with a wet microfiber.

That is my go to instant wax product. It is easy to use and offers a nice shine and decent durability. It isn't going to be earth shattering versus a traditional wax or seal but I love it when I don't have time or when I have a warm day in the winter.

Wax as you dry from Eagle One is my favorite brand. I tried the Meguire's and didn't like it as well as E-1. My 2015 Cruze has never had a traditional wax job. I just wash it about once a month and use wax as u dry with a leather chamois. I don't even bother to blow off the water. It will mix with it as you dry your car. Car still looks new and has a slick shine.

Last edited:

No reason to change. I've used close to 10 gallons of D156 so far and for the price and performance, it's just plain awesome.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

No reason to change. I've used close to 10 gallons of D156 so far and for the price and performance, it's just plain awesome.

I want to try it. I have used a handful of products from their detailer line and they have yet to dissapoint

I use wax-asu dry on my travel trailer. Works great. Put some on the front before every trip. Makes it easier to clean the bugs off!

I bought a bottle on amazon just this week. I look forward to trying it out. Eagle one has yet to dissapoint me. Thei car wash is my fav.

I've used both Eagle One spray waxes with success. I keep a bottle for a quick spray down or after automatic car washes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back