2000 Buick Century ATF change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing IMO is not getting dirt and grit on the tiny little pan bolts that fall out. It's hard to get them clean once dirty. Lay newspaper underneath from tire to tire and then put a huge drain pan on top of that.

Originally Posted By: JimmyJohns
Yes the accumulator is what I planned on rebuilding, rock auto has it listed as a shift improvement kit manufactured by transgo. May I ask what the job of that line clamp is?

When you drop the accumulator you remove the differential feed line, this line is only pushed into the accumulator body with no holding mechanism and can get loose, the clamp holds it firmly to the other hard line.

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/2534-differential-lube-tube-retainer-kit

Last edited:
That was honestly my biggest concern, a good filter. Is there a gasket that goes with it?

No gasket but a grommet/seal which can be a PITA sometimes to get out. I usually just reuse it since the new filter fits very tightly into the grommet.

I wish my atf looked that good.

I'm sure my Rav4 would slip if driven hard. It's not driven hard and the atf is brown. It didn't slip.

I recommend conservative measures. In other words, just a drain and fill on the Buick.

Believe me, I wish my trucks trans fluid looked that good, that E4OD is on borrowed time lol

Originally Posted By: Lubener
No gasket but a grommet/seal which can be a PITA sometimes to get out. I usually just reuse it since the new filter fits very tightly into the grommet.

Getting those out quickly is an art lol. A couple of picks to dent two sides of it inward and a needle nose pliers and they're usually my huckleberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back