Nico Rosberg retires from F1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Deep down, didn't everybody think that Lewis was the better driver? I don't think there is much margin between them on qualifying speed, but I think Hamilton is better at racing.

Had Hammie had fewer engine issues this year, he would have won.
Hammie actually out qualified Nico (12-9), and won more races (10-9); and when starting at the back of the field made the podium!

There are rumours of James Allison to Mercedes, but those reports aren't as "strong," supposedly, as those of Paddy Lowe going to Williams. I'm sure the big thing for James Allison is to have a factory close to home, which Ferrari's certainly wasn't, but Mercedes would be.

Well, they don't exactly have a lot of choice. Considering his contract is still valid, they can pay him to help on the 2017 car until he leaves, and then he can go and tell Sir Frank all about it as soon as he walks in the door at Williams. Or, they can protect their intellectual property and pay him to do nothing. There are provisions for gardening leave for some people (like him) even when the contract has expired. James Allison is still on gardening leave from Ferrari, but that was an early release, no small thanks to his family emergency. It's been speculated that Charlie Whiting may have to take a two year gardening leave if a team wants to hire him should he retire from his position.

This has to be almost the worst time of the year to be losing someone like Lowe and have him go to another team, particularly with cars being in the middle of development for a whole new set of regulations. He's probably been excluded from a lot of stuff for an extended period already.

So Massa is coming back. I wonder if Williams will want him to give back his going away present the special paint job FW38.

Really look forward to watching Bottas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back