Subaru Oil Filter Installed in Dodge Ram Trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Our transmissions do not use any kind of conventional oil filter. It's kind of a rock-catcher filter, and maybe for good reason. You obviously have to drop the pan to change it, and if it loads up before you get that chance, who knows?

That's what I was thinking. I used to maintain a Forester. The transmission filter looks like a small oil filter, but is really just the same screen type inside like a regular transmission filter. If you go to the Subaru forums, people that have used actual oil filters instead sometimes report problems with them (since they would be a bit restrictive on the flow).

Originally Posted By: dan0928
In September I took my complaint to the auto repair shop and demanded recovery of my out-of-pocket costs plus a remanufactured transmission (because of the damage that an incorrect trans filter and the introduction of Dexron VI would have caused). The owner effectively told me to go pound sand. So, next I filed a claim with the California Bureau of Automotive Repair accusing the shop of gross negligence bordering on fraud. A couple weeks later, the Bureau informed me that the shop had agreed to have my trans completely rebuilt by a 3rd party transmission shop at no cost to me. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the Bureau representative met with the shop! Unfortunately the Bureau won't divulge that information.

Obligatory:
Good%20Job%20Image%20with%20Gold%20Star.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back