Hydraulic fluid for bobcat 120 (1987)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have inherited an old Bobcat 120 (1987) mini excavator and am unable to obtain a handbook. Can anyone tell me the type of hydraulic fluid I require . Suggestion of an alternative to Bobcat's own product appreciated. I am in the U.K. Any advice appreciated

Last edited:
I too have a older Bobcat and we use a universal hydraulic fluid from local parts store and has been on such diet for the 15 years we have had it.
Its name should be "Spot" as it marks its spot or maybe after my first Newfoundland dog "Hattie " as she had urinary incontinence and would if someone forgot her meds would leave a trail of drips.
With a rebuilt carb a couple years ago the little critter still starts and runs well

I used to work at the factory, but don't remember what bulk oil we used. It wasn't anything special.

Go to any tractor or farm equipment dealer and get what ever hydraulic fluid they use. It's really pretty universal.

If you want the very BEST stuff, then buy oil that rated for wet brakes and powershift transmissions.
Any Case/IH, John Deere, Kubota or New Holland house will sell excellent fluids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back