05 BMW M3 5500 mi Liqui Moly 10/60

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Curious how low the phosphorous level is. Usually the thicker euro oils like that run 1,000 ppm or more. That looks like SN-levels.

2. Flashpoint looks pathetic for a 10w-60 thick oil! Accuracy of the Blackstone test maybe?

That's a really thin 60 weight! Pennzoil 10W40 is in the upper 15 vis. Unless it sheared really bad?

That's insane shear-thinning .....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Last edited:
Probably going to switch after this interval, Motul 10/60 was just released with my distributors, Ill have this Liquid Moly analyzed again to see if it was a fluke with the thinning. Im also wondering if he just topped off with a quart of whatever he could find, 5/30 or so.

Originally Posted By: Audios
Probably going to switch after this interval, Motul 10/60 was just released with my distributors, Ill have this Liquid Moly analyzed again to see if it was a fluke with the thinning. Im also wondering if he just topped off with a quart of whatever he could find, 5/30 or so.

I used Liqui Moly like 15 years ago. The most overrated garbage available. But one thing is for sure: there is no single bottle design that does not have huge letters: made in Germany.
All my cars consumed LM like crazy. Even INA Sint, oil made by Croatian Oil company did better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back