Synthetic oil at first change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a scooter calls for an initial oil change at 600 miles would you have any fear going directly to synthetic? I believe in cars it is widely accepted that synthetic and conventional can be switched at any time. I didn't know if there was a different opinion on scooter motors as they aren't quite as refined.

My mistake I meant broken
cool.gif

Lets hope it survives the Minnesota drivers

almost all "synthetic" oils are highly refined CRUDE oil technically group III, real synthetics like Redline a group V oil recommends i believe 1500 to 2,000 miles before use on a street engine

I cant seem to add the picture of the oil viscosity chart but i had a second question. It shows 10w30 can be used but only up to 90f and then 10w40 is preferred. This seems kind of strange to me as it's liquid cooled and I would think the 10w-30 would cover it through the range.

Would you think T6 would be a good oil choice after hearing this? It seems to be a thinner 40w and even if it shears to a heavy 30w it would technically still be acceptable.

Most synthetic labled car oils in the U>S are from dino stock , whether a group III dino or Group III, the ones Ive dealt with, there's dang little difference in the spec numbers, The main thing it effects is your pocketbook buying that synthetic label.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back