Change it out or keep it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No brainer! you already pulled it out, looks like [censored] and filters are cheap, change it.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: rrounds
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Curious, how much does it cost to buy a restriction gauge? Thank you.

Yup, around $20

Read this about using compressed air to try to clean a air filter, not good for the filter or your car.
http://www.widman.biz/English/Analysis/Cleaning.html

ROD

Thank you and it works for all types of air filters, not vehicle specific?

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Thank you and it works for all types of air filters, not vehicle specific?

Works for everything that breathes air through a filter. Browse the following site to learn more: Filter Minder Web Site

Last edited:
Let me put it graphically. This is the history I have tracked on one of my vans that is now approaching 200,000 km since I bought it in 2009. The variation is from 15,500 km between restriction readings and 58,000 km: 7 months to 29 months.

And remember that filters get better as they get older. Of course I sell filters, so I really should be telling you to just change them.

stacks-image-255d245.png

Originally Posted By: Kira
1) We saw a beautiful picture of a used filter approximately half way through its service life.

4) The silent minority (me) says to replace with quality new and refrain from touching it for the service life (30K) in order to spare the cheap plastic parts of the air cleaner's box and gasket wear and breakage.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back