Pat Goss from Goss Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can" is not the same as "does", so he "could" be in the clear.

I've never seen any evidence for such a claim, but suppose you never changed the oil, tested to destruction, and tested against the worst mineral oil you could find. "Could" be true then.

What a doosh. Can't take the cap off.
Is he on that idiots car show with the nasty Mustache? The guy hasn't prob been with a woman in years with that gross greasy mustache.

Last edited:
They should just replace him with a commercial.....since that's what his segment is already!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Past his prime, he prob had good advice 20-30 yrs ago. Now he sounds a bit off the mark.

This is true

Although, I can remember only 10 or so years ago, taking something useful away from his segments

Here's him in a similar discussion, also about oil

Only 36 years ago...

Around 11:15

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Past his prime, he prob had good advice 20-30 yrs ago. Now he sounds a bit off the mark.

Goss was a LEGEND in the 80's and 90's. I watched MotorWeek mainly for his segment.

Originally Posted By: Boczech
I remember those oil cans and the special oil spout that was used on the quart cans.

Yup!

The 60's and 70's, for me.

After cans dropped for plastic bottles the spout you
used to stab into the can disappeared !

I agree with the others - I loved him back in the day, but today he is just past his prime and full of old myths and full of advertising. He's like the old mechanic who has not followed the times.

Originally Posted By: Burd
What a doosh. Can't take the cap off.
Is he on that idiots car show with the nasty Mustache? The guy hasn't prob been with a woman in years with that gross greasy mustache.

Motor Week should have you and your grand wisdom to take Pat's job.

Originally Posted By: tig1
For the most part(not everything)I agree with Pat. Good post.
agree, except for synthetic can not do longer OCI than mineral, and your engine will last 2-3 times longer with synthetic...those are two wildly false claims

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: tig1
For the most part(not everything)I agree with Pat. Good post.
agree, except for synthetic can not do longer OCI than mineral, and your engine will last 2-3 times longer with synthetic...those are two wildly false claims

I agree with both points. If dino is changed no more than 5K, then engines will out live the body. Also with the longer OCI quality synthetics produce great results.

Originally Posted By: CKN
They should just replace him with a commercial.....since that's what his segment is already!

True. Possibly because he ran out of ideas years ago.

I don't see Click & Clack any more in the Omaha World Herald Saturday car section. Has Ray M joined his brother in the great junkyard in the sky?
57.gif

Still valid points made, best point was the yahoo's that change oil that know better than the oil engineers that deal in oil
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
best point was the yahoo's that change oil that know better than the oil engineers that deal in oil

What exactly are Goss' qualifications that make his segment any more relevant than what you'd hear from the guy changing your oil?

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I don't see Click & Clack any more in the Omaha World Herald Saturday car section. Has Ray M joined his brother in the great junkyard in the sky?
57.gif

Still on the air and the local paper here. the radio show is reruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back