More information on how to keep a Wankel Rotary

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video discuses the primary reasons why Wankel Rotary motors blow up, but the of now anymore unreliable than a piston based motor. There are some precautions to take to lengthen the rebuid time to over 80k miles. Is the Premix a vital thing to this motor. I've never heard of it, but I myself have used 2 cycle in an old 2.5i Impreza and MMO in my Mazda and the deceased 16 Accord. I did notice a small MPG increase when using it in my piston based cars, but what about the Mazda Wankel? I've also researched that not all sports Rotary's are the same; for some reason the Renisis in the RX8 does not have sufficient oil squirting within the Rotor housing, therefore you get uneven wear. Does thos video outline the true needs of the Wankel?

Everyone I race with that runs an RX-8 premixes the fuel to keep the engine running longer. I realize this is an extreme duty cycle but it does make a difference.

The second-gen RX-8 (2009+) got a totally revised oiling system. Three jets instead of two, 50% higher oil pressure, etc. No idea how that'll affect reliability overall, though. Mazda sold very few RX-8s from 2009 on, and they don't have as many miles on them yet, so it's hard to get an idea how they're holding up.

I think that video was made for children.

smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back