Dodge grand caravan wheel lock size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just picked up a 2005 Dodge grand Caravan with the factory alloy wheels. I am looking to get a set of wheel locks however I cannot figure out what size and shape I need. The Mcgard and Gorilla Locks website is no help! Any suggestions?

I used RockAuto to look up a standard replacement size, and your vehicle uses M12x1.5 thread lug nuts - a very common size. I don't know what lengh you need/want, but I'd just measure what you have. Also, depending on whether you have alloy or steel wheels, your lug nuts will either be tapered or flat on the end. You will have to remove one to verify. If you have steel wheels then they are almost certainly 60 degree tapered, but some alloys use lug nuts that are flat on the seating surface.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Do people actually steal wheels off of 12 year old minivans?

Yes, Was a story of someone stealing them off a non profit dog training for handicap centers van(in Metro) and the local big name tire store stepped up and got them a new set and wheel locks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Buy them at the dealer the others are a joke.. And they do sell a set of "keys" that will work on most of them.

Most of the OE kits are made my McGard. We do have a master set for Ford. The one thing we do not have a master set for are the truck spare tire locks. People lost the keys for those all the time and just like with the wheel locks, the codes are not tied to the VIN as they are installed at the Pre Delivery Inspection.

Check the McGard site again. There is an actual thing to choose your own vehicle. It's just hard to find at times. They do have a spot for thread size and the like, to purchase that way, but you can search for individual vehicles. It tells me your vehicle uses M12 x 1.5 with part numbers being 24012, 24157, 24196, 25257, and 25357 depending upon the style you want. If you order, remember to not throw out the paperwork they send you.

Originally Posted By: Garak
If you order, remember to not throw out the paperwork they send you.

I cannot stress enough how important this is.

Yes.
wink.gif
Someone stole one of my wheel locks once, but not the wheel. I take it that person lost a wheel lock or stripped one, and didn't have his paperwork. Fortunately, I did, so I was able to order the replacement for the one he stole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back