Cadillac Upscale Car Sharing Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadillac unveils upscale car sharing program

"Called “BOOK by Cadillac,” the program allows participants to essentially drive like an automotive journalist, albeit for a flat fee of $1,500 a month. Subscribers can choose virtually anything in the brand’s product line and be able to exchange vehicles on a whim or whenever the need arises. That means someone can, say, take a racy ATS-V out on an extended jaunt through twisty mountain roads one week, then move into a large and in charge XTS for an interstate business trip, and/or secure a full-size Escalade SUV to tackle an onslaught of January snow storms."

"That $1,500 charge also covers all maintenance and insurance, not to mention detailing and “white glove” concierge delivery and exchange. While that’s steep, compared to making lease or financing payments (see below), it applies to top-of-the-line Platinum trim level and rip-roaring high-performance V models – the cream of Caddy’s crop. And of course, given the tenor of the times, cars can be reserved via a smartphone mobile app."

Just think of the volume of cars that you would need to keep up with demand.

Agreed but they may of started something with this program.

Possibly the end of the middleman (new car dealerships)?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
If I had that kind of money to burn it wouldn't be on a Caddy.

Yep, no way I would spend that much on a Cadillac.

How is this going to work when everyone wants convertibles in July and Escalades for Thanksgiving road trips to Vermont? Rich guys don't think time shares are all that cool. And for $1500 a month the poseurs will get snippy when they're denied exactly what they want.

$18,000 per year. If one just bought a $75K top line Caddy, you could probably get near $13K-$15K for all costs. So at least the $18K covers worst case not to mention all the variety you get to experience. If Ferrari had the same program, it might have to be $180,000/yr

I bet this will go over well for small business owners and executives that get a car allowance. A lease on an Escalade is close to $1500/month anyway and this includes insurance, maintenance, unlimited mileage and the ability to switch out to different models.

There is somebody this deal works for, but they probably are not on BITOG running the numbers.

But even for me, at 22-23k miles/year, that's getting close to $1/mile before I even put any gas in the car.

Someone who drove twice the mileage I drive could probably make this work for them.

This is essentially the month to month lease deal with no mileage limits, no need to pay for insurance, maintenance or repairs, and you can get out of if you get bored, lose your job, whatever.

Sign me up! I'll start with a 59 Eldorado followed by a 1975 Fleetwood-60-Special-Brougham. Sure I might use the CTS-V from time to time. Heck! I wouldn't mind one of those 1973 Eldorado convertibles with the 8.2 liter V8. I'll probably pass on the 1982 Cimmaron though.
grin.gif

I think $1,500 is a deal. Of course you can find lower cost transportation, but if cars are your hobby, the opportunity to drive something different each month is well worth it.

Not that bad. Whats the lease on a CTS-V, plus insurance, plus everything else. If I still hammered down miles like I used to I would consider this. Might have to hit this for a couple months in the spring. No strings has value.

I can see that going well down here. Lot of people see a luxury vehicle as a disposable item.

Once you include depreciation into those figures (a penalty one will never pay on this program), it starts making a lot of sense.

I could see my in-laws doing this since they spend the winter in Florida. If you are able to do it for 6 month stretches it would be worth it for them to not hassle with either shipping a vehicle down or having a car sit in the garage for the 6 months they aren't there while racking up depreciation, registration, and insurance costs.

Quote:
There's a catch. You have to take a test to see if you are important enough to be seen in a Cadillac.

I'd fail that one hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back