Fram? You decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were told wrong sir
smile.gif

Another video with a idiot that rags on FRAM. The guy didn't know that one ADBV was silicone

You should spend some time in the Engine Oil Filter section. I used to abhor Fram as well when I joined. Now it's my go-to oil filter because of how well they hold up all across the board. Don't believe anyone else until you've seen the proof with your own eyes.

I am with Burd- I do not like Fram filters except for the Ultra Synthetic. Now, I have had a few cases where I freshly rebuilt or did major work on a engine, and I was going to change the filter after a few hundred miles anyhow, so I might use a Fram OCOD .

Burd- go with what you are comfortable using. There are plenty of good filters out there outside of the Fram brand.

There's really nothing wrong with Fram filters, but I think there are better filters available for the same or less money.

An OEM filter for my Hyundai is the same price at the dealership as an Orange Can is at Walmart. A Motorcraft for my Ford is cheaper than an Orange Can. Even a Mopar cartridge filter for our Jeep is cheaper than the Fram equivalent.

The Fram Ultra on the other hand is definitely one of the best filters out there and is usually priced less than comparable filters from other brands.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
There's really nothing wrong with Fram filters, but I think there are better filters available for the same or less money.

An OEM filter for my Hyundai is the same price at the dealership as an Orange Can is at Walmart. A Motorcraft for my Ford is cheaper than an Orange Can. Even a Mopar cartridge filter for our Jeep is cheaper than the Fram equivalent.

The Fram Ultra on the other hand is definitely one of the best filters out there and is usually priced less than comparable filters from other brands.

Hyundai's are well made but filter at 40 or 50 microns.

Originally Posted By: salcuta88
Some guy replied to my comment on youtube saying that the ultra's are the worst...ok...

lol.gif
... YouTube is filled with squirrels.

Originally Posted By: Blocker

The cabbies swear by them

Cabbies? If they're anything like the cabbies here, they can barely speak English....

Originally Posted By: Blocker

You can get Fram here but no one likes them. Most use Fleetguard. The cabbies swear by them

Decent video, but mainly about their fuel filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back