Reasonable OCI for 2013 VW 2.0 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Same here. And I refuse to believe doing 20k mile vs 5-10k mile OCIs will result in the same wear on bearings, cam lobes/lifters, sludge buildup, etc. I have opened up many gas (which is what the OP has) BMW engines, and nearly all of them had buildup in the valvetrain following BMWs OCI schedule. My N62 is barely golden yellow under the valve cover and idles extremely quiet.

Were these your engines that you purchased new or are you a BMW tech at a dealer who sees "BMW dealer serviced only" cars (with documentation) on a regular basis? There's too much to take into consideration when assessing the current state of an engine.. Especially one with such stringent oil requirements such as a BMW.

I read here all the time that the factory OCI requirements were followed, but meanwhile the engine is sludged.. Either the engine has major mechanical issues, the owner is lying, or they simply don't know better. It's as simple as that. Not saying you are lying, but perhaps the owners of the cars simply didn't know better. Of course they are going to tell their mechanic they have been taking good care of their car..

My friend had sludge bomb on Audi A4 1.8T. That engine is not particularly hard on oil, but VW failed to emphasize what kind of oil goes in. Anyway, my friend used M1 5W30, regular synthetic oil you can find in Wal mart. I told him before, that is not proper oil. He said: well it is synthetic, do not understand what is the problem. Year later his oil pump sized, when we opened engine it was like solidified crude oil inside.
I had same engine in Passat, used mostly GC 0W30, sometimes M1 0W40, and it was in great condition. His engine had 80K.
He still believes that he did all things good.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I realize you haven't had it that long, but do you know how much it consumes between changes?

I do not know. I changed the oil a few months ago, just in case. I don't think I filled it right up to max, more like middle of the cross hatched area. I added about half a quart this week, now it is right below max, but I don't know that it lost any oil between the oil change and now...

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back