schaeffers moly ep

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have used this for a while with good results in oil burning engines. Any uoa on this product? All info is really old, I know it thickens oil somewhat, but was wundering if there is any MAGIC inside that a voa or uoa would show.

Originally Posted By: robo339
In about 7k miles I'll be doing a uoa with it in valvoline synpower 0w20

I'd love to see it. I have a few bottles I bought several years ago, which I added from time to time to a beater which leaked and used a bit of oil. I got rid of the beater, and the #132 sits in my basement.

I got 6 pints free so I figured I'd run an oci and pull a uoa to see how well it works I've been doing a decent amount of towing with it so far and we will be hitting winter soon enough so it'll be put to the test I added .75qts to 7.25 qts of 0w20 valvoline synpower it's within their mix ratio

Last edited:
So just an update I have pulled the sample just waiting on my shell lube analysis to show up in the mail so I can send it off should be soon and I'll post uoa

Originally Posted By: hyperscion
... but was wundering if there is any MAGIC inside that a voa or uoa would show.

It contains a multi-functional polymer that will not show in a standard oil analysis.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hyperscion
Is [it] a quality product for all engines or only oil burners? thanks

I would say it is a quality product but only for oil burners or engines not properly maintained.

I look forward to the uoa,, thanks for your input,,I believe schaeffers oil co. is a quality company, from my oil burners and what i have read on the interwebs.

Very interesting and thanks for this
smile.gif

i have purchased a bottle of the schaeffer's moly ep for my use in an 89 chevy truck with 350. pretty sure it needs new valve stem seals and before i changed those out i wanted to see the effects of a few additives. i have used the restore engine restorer, lubrimoly MOS and MOS2, over the course of about 2 years and now am ready to try the moly ep. My current oil fill with out any oil additives is Quaker State Defy 10-w30.

for my next oil run with the moly ep, i have available on the shelf: a jug of valvoline maxlife high mileage synthetic blend in 5w-30 and also a jug of valvoline full synthetic high mileage in 10w-30.

I don't have any lc-20 which if i recall from an old thread is mr mola's recommendation to run with the moly ep, so questions:

which oil to use of the two above that will play well with the moly ep? and
how much moly ep only 4oz, 8 oz or the whole pint bottle?

thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
i have purchased a bottle of the schaeffer's moly ep for my use in an 89 chevy truck with 350. pretty sure it needs new valve stem seals and before i changed those out i wanted to see the effects of a few additives. i have used the restore engine restorer, lubrimoly MOS and MOS2, over the course of about 2 years and now am ready to try the moly ep. My current oil fill with out any oil additives is Quaker State Defy 10-w30.

for my next oil run with the moly ep, i have available on the shelf: a jug of valvoline maxlife high mileage synthetic blend in 5w-30 and also a jug of valvoline full synthetic high mileage in 10w-30.

I don't have any lc-20 which if i recall from an old thread is mr mola's recommendation to run with the moly ep, so questions:

which oil to use of the two above that will play well with the moly ep? and
how much moly ep only 4oz, 8 oz or the whole pint bottle?

thanks

I'd probably add a half bottle to the Maxlife HM 5W30. It will thicken the oil up a bit. A whole bottle during the winter, I wouldn't be comfortable doing that. OTOH 4 ounces probably won't do anything at all.

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
thanks demarpaint, i appreciate your input.

No problem. Update the thread and let us know what you end up doing and how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back