Realistic OCI for Pennzoil Euro AV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it because it carries the VW502 approval and am going to use it in the Volvo in my signature. Since I now have the PCV system replaced, I'm wanting to get off the 6 month regardless of mileage OCI and step it up to 7.5k (with a UOA of course..)

I have enough of this for 2 OCI's.. if needed I can keep it on 6 months. Should equal about 3.5-4K.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I bought it because it carries the VW502 approval and am going to use it in the Volvo in my signature. Since I now have the PCV system replaced, I'm wanting to get off the 6 month regardless of mileage OCI and step it up to 7.5k (with a UOA of course..)

I have enough of this for 2 OCI's.. if needed I can keep it on 6 months. Should equal about 3.5-4K.

Thanks.

You can easily do 7.5K.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
6 quarts

Very good. You could probably go 7,500 to 10,000 miles. If it were my car, I'd change it at 5,000, but that's just me.

7500 miles is the factory suggested OCI, but 5000 is a good conservative number too.

At least the US market, Volvo said any API SL 5w30 or 10w30 was good enough for 7500 miles. Conventional in a turbo for that long is very questionable, but I like to think a Euro synthetic would be up to the task. My English OM says a 0w30 A5/B5 for 9000 miles (not kilometers)?
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back