Do you want a job here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a good chance that if you work in say, Tennessee,Alabama,Georgia, or the Carolinas, you might be working in a place like this...Maybe 7.50 an hour.

So , why not go to college or a tech school and learn something useful, imho...

People need to start some where. Then there is a need to eventually improve and move on to a higher skilled profession though. the J.C. etc.

Originally Posted By: CT8
People need to start some where. Then there is a need to eventually improve and move on to a higher skilled profession though. the J.C. etc.
Yes, maybe a trade school, like HVAC,electrical,computers, and so on .

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

If they mirrored your life, where would they end up?

Why not like Germany where they test and see if your likely to be college material or better off with training for a trade. Like my Aunt that went to college for 6 years and is a librarian with as much common sense as a door knob. Complained about her Rav getting poor mileage so got a Prius as well only to tell us latter that she is speeding to work at 80+ because she is always late. Would it not be better to be on time, slow down and get better mileage and not pay for 2 vehicles?

All that automated stuff has to be maintained and repaired. That, plus, for the more advanced students, it must be created. Those are the jobs of the future. All that needs to happen is have a high production line go down. The man who gets it up and running again will be paid well, I think.

There is a good chance that if you work in say, Tennessee,Alabama,Georgia, or the Carolinas, you might be working in a place like this...Maybe 7.50 an hour.

I think they will make 15$ an hour because that is what min wage is going to.

Meanwhile at McDonalds there will now be 2-3 employees and a bunch of robots and kiosks.
vs 10-12 making 8-12$ an hour.

Originally Posted By: Rand

Meanwhile at McDonalds there will now be 2-3 employees and a bunch of robots and kiosks.

And an app you use to order. Seen at the end of last year a machine to make pizzas to order

Last edited:
A better alternative financially would be becoming a Catholic priest. They all get free room & board, free health insurance and drive new vehicles these days. Even have a pension when retiring at 62.

Call your local-area Archdiocese and enroll today. Thousands of job openings and can work in any state you desire. Promotions are an option too...... leading up to even living lavishly with private guards in Rome..... maids, butlers..... the whole nine yards.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: double vanos
All that automated stuff has to be maintained and repaired. That, plus, for the more advanced students, it must be created. Those are the jobs of the future. All that needs to happen is have a high production line go down. The man who gets it up and running again will be paid well, I think.

Any equipment eventually needs repair.

Sometimes I post jobs with my employer that pays very decent for an entry level job repairing equipment.

And your order will be correct!

Seems like a lot of expensive equipment... all to fold socks. If you want to get angry, get angry at whoever decided that was better than paying a couple of people to fold socks manually.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1

And less chance someone will spit in it.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: tmorris1

And less chance someone will spit in it.

I could not tell you how many times I saw cooks coming out of the bathroom with unwashed hands or see them cough and wipe their nose with their hand.

Let alone a lot of places have messy work stations.

This has left me to either go out and not order any food or go to places where I can see in the kitchen.... There's still quite a bit of choices I have left but it's for these reasons, the ones all of you have stated, and the fact it's more expensive that I rarely go out to eat anymore.

One of my friends is an engineer and designs machines like that, for automated production and packaging. Usually its for metal widgets and so things can be run faster than you can see.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
A better alternative financially would be becoming a Catholic priest. They all get free room & board, free health insurance and drive new vehicles these days. Even have a pension when retiring at 62.

Call your local-area Archdiocese and enroll today. Thousands of job openings and can work in any state you desire. Promotions are an option too...... leading up to even living lavishly with private guards in Rome..... maids, butlers..... the whole nine yards.
lmao

lol.gif

This is why I wonder sometimes when folks want simple manufacturing back in USA. Is it simply a crutch to keep these folks employed????

We have local manufacturing however it requires you pretty much attend community college it's all complex stuff.

My wife is a senior business analyst working for a firm hired by companies to "cut the fat". She knows a lot. The future looks scary according to her. Its not just manufacturing and self driving semis. Office jobs according to her could be a fraction of what they are today in the future. Will self driving semis pay into social security, state and federal income tax? How many semi drivers are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back